• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LSU vs Stony Brook (Supers Game 3)

132 posts in this topic

Posted

This is it folks.

By far this most important game we've had all year.

Win it, and we're back home in Omaha.

Lose it, and...well I don't even want to think about that.

These wolves ain't playing around.

They're the 1st team to so much as win a Postseason game against us in The New Box.

We need to bring our "A" game tomorrow.

I'm not ready for our season to end just yet.

Eades on the bump for us.

Not sure who's throwing for them.

GEAUX!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Posted

Rain looks unrelenting according to the forecast. Let's hope it's wrong. I don't want to be sitting around all day wondering when/if we'll get it in. And I DEFINITELY don't want to wait til Monday to play it.

Posted

Rain looks unrelenting according to the forecast. Let's hope it's wrong. I don't want to be sitting around all day wondering when/if we'll get it in. And I DEFINITELY don't want to wait til Monday to play it.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to play it on Monday. More rest for our pitchers, and maybe somebody can find our bats by then.

Posted (edited)

Hello guys, this ecasadoSBU from the SBUfan board. Decided to come over to the board for the next day or so. I should've done so a few days earlier but after seeing what the folks in tigerdroppings did to our forum I was a little reluctant to join until further consideration. I'm here. Lets talk some baseball!

Edited by ecasadoSBU

Posted (edited)

Our coach hasn't announced the pitcher for tomorrow. I guess we'll find out an hour before game-time. Let the best team win tomorrow. This game has a huge significance for us. I'm sure its an honor for the team and for our fan base to play teams of such caliber like LSU. Tomorrow will be a great day and lets hope the rain stays away

Edited by ecasadoSBU

Posted

Hello guys, this ecasadoSBU from the SBUfan board. Decided to come over to the board for the next day or so. I should've done so a few days earlier but after seeing what the folks in tigerdroppings did to our forum I was a little reluctant to join until further consideration. I'm here. Lets talk some baseball!

Sorry, TD represents the unwashed masses of our fan base. You'll find this site much more civilized. Welcome!

You guys have a real solid team, and I'm definitely nervous about Game 3.

Posted

Man, I wish you would've found us first before TD found you guys. We're very impressed by the Seawolves. Is there a guy in the lineup that can't hit?? Solid fielding, tough pitchers, great team. Luckily I did a little research once I found out we would be hosting you guys. I haven't been surprised, per se...but I have certainly been impressed and convinced. Welcome to Tigalaya...stick around, even after the game tomorrow. We welcome fans of (almost) any school...lol.

Posted (edited)

Our coach hasn't announced the pitcher for tomorrow. I guess we'll find out an hour before game-time. Let the best team win tomorrow. This game has a huge significance for us. I'm sure its an honor for the team and for our fan base to play teams of such caliber like LSU. Tomorrow will be a great day and lets hope the rain stays away

Welcome. Sorry that y'all had to deal with the feces known as tiger droppings. You will find tigalaya is a 180 from that group.

Who is y'alls number three guy normally? Is there a drop off from 2 to 3 or is the usual number 3 guy, or your mid-week guy, just as impressive as your 1 and 2? Y'all have a solid ball club. SB is not a #4 seed. I am very nervous about sunday.

Hope no matter what happens, you will stick around and discuss the cws, and all sports beyond that, with us. You will find this place to be very welcoming to rival fans.

Edited by OkieTigerTK

Posted

Hit. Hit. Hit. The Ball.

And do not steal!

Posted

Welcome! Forget the idiots at TD. Think of the name "droppings". It speaks for itself. Lol. Glad to have you join us. Join us in chat room during the game. We don't bite. :)

Posted (edited)

I can't speak for the rest of our fan base, but I'm personally as impressed by our SBU baseball team as any of you are. I'm a big loyal fan of SBU and I knew we had one of the top teams in the Northeast and that we also have a couple of outstanding players from the Cape Cod league. But I didn't even consider the posibility of playing a team like LSU in a Super Regional, and this lineup has been batting very well from top-to-bottom. It has impressed me and a lot of other folks. This is huge for us. It may not be as big of a deal for all of you (with 6 NCs) to be in a SR, but playing a team like LSU and to compete against them is a big step forward for our baseball program. I'm excited for tomorrow's game and its getting the attention of a lot of people here in the Northeast who don't tend to watch College baseball. I was so into the LSU-SBU game that I forgot about tonights Yankees-Mets game (I never miss those...lol)

I'll be back tomorrow for game time. Later guys, and thanks for the welcome!

Edited by ecasadoSBU

Posted

Welcome. Sorry that y'all had to deal with the feces known as tiger droppings. You will find tigalaya is a 180 from that group.

Who is y'alls number three guy normally? Is there a drop off from 2 to 3 or is the usual number 3 guy, or your mid-week guy, just as impressive as your 1 and 2? Y'all have a solid ball club. SB is not a #4 seed. I am very nervous about sunday.

Hope no matter what happens, you will stick around and discuss the cws, and all sports beyond that, with us. You will find this place to be very welcoming to rival fans.

Stecko-Haley should be our pitcher tomorrow. Besides McNitt (Who pitched impressively but bullpen couldn't hold) and our Ace Tyler Johnson, Stecko should be our third option...But our coach always says that He prefers to sleep on it and then decide who will pitch. You can never be 100% sure with Matt Senk...

Haley has a 3.47 ERA and has pitched about 80 innings. I expect to see more runs scored from both sides tomorrow. Lets hope its a fun and exciting game to watch!

Posted (edited)

You guys have a helluva team !!! :smiley-happy088:

Edited by Stevescookin

Posted

This is what baseball is all about. Win or lose, I have thoroughly enjoyed this series so far. Masterful pitching, clutch hitting, great defense.

(I wish I could say great base running, but....what the heck! :smiley-shocked003: )

Both teams have tons of heart.

Posted

Unfortunately, I think today's game will be a rain out. Forecast is 99% chance of rain at noon.

Posted (edited)

my dad and i were talking real quick between early innings on friday. he was like "y'all are struggling with stony brook". i told him not to let the name fool him and started rattling off a few stats i knew. he had no idea, but was impressed.

one question i have for our sb visitor (who i hope will stick around)...

has the coach ever been accused of over pitching guys? is pitching the way he uses johnson the norm (or has he used guys that way in the past), or is johnson the exception?

Edited by OkieTigerTK

Posted

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to play it on Monday. More rest for our pitchers, and maybe somebody can find our bats by then.

I hear you, the part about finding bats is true, but....they may have better pitching than us. I think we have the advantage if we play today. I don't want their relievers to get rest...we may have better relief.

Posted

Yeah, but it's the back edge of the rain. Pensacola got over 13" yesterday!! And it's still raining there. It's raining here in Purvis-tropolis Mississippi, but it looks like it's almost done in BR. Problem is gonna be getting the field dry. That field drains well...quickly. We'll get this game in today, but it'll probably start later than expected.

Posted

my dad and i were talking real quick between early innings on friday. he was like "y'all are struggling with stony brook". i told him not to let the name fool him and started rattling off a few stats i knew. he had no idea, but was impressed.

one question i have for our sb visitor (who i hope will stick around)...

has the coach ever been accused of over pitching guys? is pitching the way he uses johnson the norm (or has he used guys that way in the past), or is johnson the exception?

No offense to SB, but they do not have better pitching than us. They have exponentially better bats than us. Cotton and Goody are both rested (for relievers). Rumbelow hasn't thrown a pitch in this series. Neither has Bonvillain. Only one inning for Booooogewah. We got pitching. I was talking about the possibility of throwing NOLA if we could extend it to tomorrow, but that ain't gonna happen.