COTiger

Charles Scott Arrested on Rape Charge

I thought CS dad was a minister. Seems unusual for a preacher's son. Many of them turn wild drinking and doing drugs to rebel against too strict an upbringing, but not hard criminal stuff. I wonder if the 18 year old girl saw a payday and went for it? This could go either way, I'll wait to see.

A good friend of mine is a strict fundamentalist christian and was very strict on his daughter. They had problems through high school, and after as well, she lived at home and was sneaking out at night to drink and meet boys. Solution, she joined the army to get job training and get out on her own. She is working in a JAG unit. She calls the sheriff in her home town, says Dad and older brother raped her when she was a minor and one night at 10 PM, 5 squad cars arrive and haul dad and brother out of the house, handcuff and arrest them. The minor daughter living at home was removed from home for about 2 months, she always said nothing ever happened. Ten grand was the initial lawyer fee to begin handling his case. After six months, no charges will be brought to trial. Seems like a revenge tactic she thought up while in a JAG unit. Not everything you hear is as it seems.

Damn Charles. I know him personally and its totally out of character. I hope its not true, but people just don't surprise me anymore.

Damn Charles. I know him personally and its totally out of character. I hope its not true, but people just don't surprise me anymore.

Don't know him personally, but from what I read it seems out of character, and I hope its not true.

Keeping and open mind on this one till all the facts are available.

Would be surprised and disappointed if these charges are found to be true.

Well as I understand it, the charge of "simple rape" is a bit different than traditional rape, or forcible rape. Not sure if that exists here in TX. Apparently the girl can just be drunk/incapacitated and you can be charged. I don't really know the circumstances but they didn't set bail for him at the time of the article.

I'm saddened by it no matter what comes out.

Not a big deal but c'mon man! WAFB led the news tonight with a headline about Scott. Problem is they showed Ridley #34 from 2009 Bama game when he scored the TD late. When they got to the story, they correctly showed Scott #32 on his long run when he fell wrong, but again showed the Ridley run after. Nice work.

21 looks and not one response. Pathetic.

well, maybe people needed to absorb it and even figure out a response first. it left me dumbfounded just reading the thread title.

or maybe some people needed to get home first so they could do more than read just a thread title. and now that i have, i still dont know what to say!

impatient much? :smiley-confused005:

Edited by OkieTigerTK

christ. maybe people needed to absorb it and even figure out a response first. it left me dumbfounded just reading the thread title.

or maybe some people needed to get home first so they could do more than read just a thread title. and now that i have, i still dont know what to say!

impatient much?

Nope, most of the time I am outpatient

well, maybe people needed to absorb it and even figure out a response first. it left me dumbfounded just reading the thread title.

impatient much? :smiley-confused005:

Did I single you out? All I pointed out was that you would think out of 21 people looking at the thread, at least one would have some form of response.

Did I single you out? All I pointed out was that you would think out of 21 people looking at the thread, at least one would have some form of response.

no, and i realized after a bit my initial response was a bit bitchy. i get that way after driving all day. that is why i edited it.

however, i do think that your second post expecting people to comment right way was a bit snarky also. given the events elsewhere this week, it is a lot to absorb hearing more news of that nature. i was offering that there are very valid reasons, not the least of which is digesting that kind of news first.

Sad situation. I'm just glad he isnt a current player. Dont want another thing to happen to this team. I hope it gets straightened out for the best, whatever that may be.

no, and i realized after a bit my initial response was a bit bitchy. i get that way after driving all day. that is why i edited it.

however, i do think that your second post expecting people to comment right way was a bit snarky also. given the events elsewhere this week, it is a lot to absorb hearing more news of that nature. i was offering that there are very valid reasons, not the least of which is digesting that kind of news first.

All is well. I guess I got a little snarky seeing responses to fluff threads while a thread regarding one of our former great Tigers got a lot of looks but no response.

Strange to say the least. Hope the truth becomes known, and not just a bunch of speculation/he said-she said.

CO, this is such a hot button issue. It's sometimes best to read it, take it in, and post later. FWIW, I didn't get to read it until just now. First response almost made me not post at all.

It was like a kick in the nuts when I read it. I hope he is innocent but if it truly was rape I would hate to see preferential treatment.

All is well. I guess I got a little snarky seeing responses to fluff threads while a thread regarding one of our former great Tigers got a lot of looks but no response.

understandable. and honestly, i still dont know what to say about it.

the bad news is on overload at this point. and not just about us. but when it is about us it's just one more blow.

Can't speak for everyone else, but I've known a few instances like this that were false allegations. That was my reason for not commenting. Also, the article leaves much to the imagination as to what went on. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out as more details are made available.

It's hard to get my head around this. My initial reaction -- clearly biased because I'm an LSU fan and I like the guy -- is that it could be a scorned woman trying to hurt him. But my second reaction is that I just don't know and can't know what happened. I think I read this somewhere else on the forum, but no matter how accessible a public figure may be, you never really know him.

http://theadvocate.c...back-faces.html

February 11, 2012

GONZALES — Ascension Parish prosecutors have brought a charge of sexual battery against former LSU running back Charles Scott, court records say.

Scott, 23, 36604 Plantation Blvd., Prairieville, is set for arraignment at 9 a.m. Thursday at the Ascension Parish Courthouse Annex in Gonzales, according to a notice.

At the arraignment, Scott is expected to enter a plea.

Assistant District Attorney Robin O’Bannon filed a bill of information against Scott on Monday.

The bill accuses Scott of sexual battery on Nov. 13 against a woman identified only by her initials.

Scott was arrested Nov. 13 on a count of simple rape of an 18-year-old woman. The arrest came after Ascension Parish sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at Scott’s Prairieville home, deputies reported at the time.

Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Tony Bacala said Scott has been out on $35,000 bail since Nov. 14.

Sexual battery is a less-severe charge than the simple-rape count on which Scott was arrested.