LSUDad

New Years Eve

Knoxville, TN. Actually, at 11 am, I'll be in GREENBACK, TN performing a roof inspection. Then back to Knoxville. Then tomorrow night, I believe I'll take in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and pray that the fireworks aren't too loud so I can get some sleep.

I know...I know...I'm a wild and crazy guy.

early dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. a nice little mom and pop german place. nothing fancy, but wonderful food. (the mom and pop who started the place back in the 70's are german immigrants, and now their kids who were born in germany run the place.) it is our traditional early new year's eve dinner.

then home. just a quiet evening with my furry babies. maybe i'll live life on the wild side and chill a bottle of non-alcholic sparkling wine. no, not the apple juice stuff. some pretty decent na that has a nice dry, not too sweet taste.

may 2012 be a helluva lot better than 2011!

Quiet evening at home. Maybe I'll watch Bama game 1 again. At midnight, we go out and watch the artillery barrage in the neighborhood. Quite impressive for 5 minutes. Sometimes you can't see the other end of the block for all the fireworks smoke on the street. Will consume a bottle of wine tonight, prolly something red, hmmmm, Australian Shiraz strikes my fancy at the moment.

Early dinner with the wife and then back home to our roof to watch the downtown fireworks. Saving it up for next weeeeeeeeeeekend.

Change of plans.

Making a long road trip over to Chauvin for some fried fish, shrimp, and oysters.

Change of plans.

Making a long road trip over to Chauvin for some fried fish, shrimp, and oysters.

Don't know if any of you ever mad it down this way for the Lagniappe fair back when it still existed. But the smell from the boulletes and oysters we got going right now is bringing me back to a happy time from my youth.

sounds yummy, nootch.

for us, home from an early dinner. but only part of the doggie bags made it into the fridge. the doggies thought doggie bags really meant for them. styrofoam containers were pulled to the floor despite the yelling "NO!" as a gray nose was going into the plastic bag.

Been sewing with my friend all day. Cooked a crawfish stuffed chicken for supper and may not make it to midnight. I gotta cold that is kicking my butt.

At home. Watched the boys shoot about $100 worth of fireworks already. Give a boy a firecracker and a lighter, and they are in heaven. Black cats, cherry bombs and M80's were a hit.

i feel hungover, tho i dont drink. went to bed at 12:30 (im such a wild woman). and didnt get up till 9. but in between, i had to take one dog out at 1:30. she forgot to do her business when she went out before bed and was in serious need. the other dog woke me up at 3:30 throwing up. cleaning up dog puke in the middle of the night tends to wake me up pretty well.

bring on the espresso so i can see what 2012 looks like!

Could everyone please stop writing so loudly this morning.

Same here............Last Night........

Lightweights.

Speaking of.............for Christmas the family bought me one of those talking bath scales. My niece tryed it first, the scale said,"One-ten." My brother-in-law was next to try, "One-seventy-five." Then I wanted to try my turn on the scale, it says, "One-at-a-time!" Now the thing doesn't work, wonder what happened to that thing?