Fishhead

LSU talk at work (smack/trash talk)

I guess most of you work in LA...so it's different. But working where ever...with others that are working where ever from all over the country, I get to have a lot of fun talking smack with non-LSU fans all the time. Here in Knoxville, there's actually more LSU fans in our office than anything else. But there's enough fans of other teams to make it fun...especially since we outnumber the rest...and like to gang up on em. :)

For instance, there's a Bama guy in the office now. Honestly, really good guy. But man, I destroyed him today. I basically hit him with everyone of Hatcher's zingers from last night...plus the one from BB. Told him I was really sorry to hear about the shattered crystal, but they were more than welcome to use that broom we swept em with this weekend to pick up the pieces. Then one of the other LSU fans in the office told him he heard the kicker is the one that knocked it over, but that couldn't be true...he would've missed it! :rofl:

Then our resident Kentucky fan chimed in. He said he heard when the crystal hit the floor, all the gumps ran to pick up the pieces...thinking it was meth. :smiley-laughing001:

So Mr. Kentucky started to talk a little smack about the upcoming series...but quickly shut up when about 5 or 6 LSU fans turned around with cocked eyebrows. He thought better of talking PRIOR to the weekend. I did get in one jab congratulating UK for going 2-2 last week, while LSU went 5-0.

The best thing lately though is that there's two Arky fans in house. It has been...epic. They're both pretty good sports though. You just can't help but laugh at that non-sense.

But this TAMU T shirt thing is likely to get me fired. My current manager is a huge aggie fan. Tomorrow may be my last day...lol.

Any of you have smack stories from work?

i mostly deal with people from the Houston area.

and most of those people are Aggies.

the smack hasn't started yet, but I am waiting and ready to strike

I'm the one who decorated my Aggie docs office in purple and gold and took a pic and emailed it to a bunch of other Aggie docs and told them they were secretly rooting for LSU in the Cotton bowl last year. LOL. Got them good. They weren't sure what I was going to do or when.

I catch some hell from Bama fans, but they can't name a coach other than Saban, or a current player. They also only know that they won some kind of award for beating LSU. The rest are Ole Piss fans and Miss St fans. They don't say [censored]. But I still love to talk smack. It's what I'm good at.

They also only know that they won some kind of award for beating LSU.

And broke it...

I spend the majority of my time talking smack and getting it talked to me here in orlando. It would be hard to pick one story but I will think about it.

well, since in my house, anyone that wears green depends on me for dinner, not much smack talk. and since i work for myself...

but friends are ou fans and family osu fans. family doesnt really talk smack to me. sis used to, but not so much any more. my method there was to keep the family peace and just politely shrug it off, while quietly waiting for the time to kill her with "polite football talk". the 07 season, she really was on me with catty comments about miles leaving, etc. mind you, she would say things all innocent and in a sugar sweet voice. (actually, just the way i do, come to think of it.) the final straw was on my way home from the arkansas game. it was cold, raining, and threatening to sleet, so driving was tense, and i was exhausted from a great weekend with ot and her family, that ended with a loss in the game. my old cell service i had a long stretch of like 2 hours through the back woods of texas that i got a whopping 10 mins service. my sister's managed to call me right when i was in that small window of coverage. saying things in an overly sweet voice like "what happened yesterday? i guess r-kansas came to play." (emphasizing r-kansas like miles said it.) and "i guess that was miles going away party." i wanted to throw my phone out the window. luckily, i lost service. rubbing salt into the wound was not cool.

so fast forward to christmas dinner at my house. and we were in the ncg. "polite" (meaning, again, sugary sweet) talk at dinner from me kept getting changed to how "lsu is in the ncg". over. and over. and over. and how miles was staying. how he looooved lsu so much he spurned his alma mater. (parents and sis are osu fans.) she kept trying to change the subject, i kept taking it back. it finally got to the point where greenie shot me a look. my sis still has jilted lover syndrome over miles leaving, and only this year did she start rooting for lsu in anything. but she very rarely talks smack now. i think she knows i will just wait till i can turn around and make her miserable.

for ou fans, the current line is one i stole from fish. if they try to talk smack about the ncg, i just tell them in the sugar sweet voice that "btw, i never got to congratulate you on that big insight.com bowl win".

Edited by OkieTigerTK

As most of you know, I live with a Bama fan. It is not an arrangement I would suggest for anyone. He is usually pretty good about keeping the trash talk to a minimum, he was great to live with in November... not so much in January. I also work with and live by several other fans- MSU, Ole Piss, USM.

Monday we had two former NFL players speak to our students and encourage them to make the hard choices in life- work hard, try hard, study hard, etc. One is a former USC lineman who played for the Giants. He showed off his Rose Bowl So Cal jersey and Rose Bowl rings. There was a photo opportunity where you could but the jersey on and wear the rings. I politely declined. He looked puzzled until said, "Geaux Tigers!" He just smiled and said "Oh."

Quick Corndog and LSU P&G story, after the 2008 season, LSU was to play Ga. Tech. in the Chick-fil-a Bowl. I walked into a restaurant up in Atlanta with my sisters that lived up there. Once inside some friends of my sisters saw my LSU shirt, some of them being from Ga. Tech. One let out, "I thought I smelled Corndogs!" My reply, "Ya'll do know the National Championship Crystal Trophy smells like Corndogs, too bad Tech. will never get to sniff one!" It was better the next trip up that way, 38-3 was only fitting.

My first week at LSU I saw a kid wearing a UNC hat and told him I would understand if they had to forfeit.

My first week at LSU I saw a kid wearing a UNC hat and told him I would understand if they had to forfeit.

It's always weird seeing students on campus wearing other school's stuff. This year I've seen a guy in a Boise shirt and one brave soul in an Alabama shirt.

When I lived in North Carolina, I worked with a small but vocal contingent of Ohio State fans. There was never much need to trash talk, except me reminding them how redundant and conceited it is to say THE Ohio State. The first real opportunity was there when we played them for the 2007 national championship, but we were all deployed and separated then.

Where I live we have Ole Piss fans - who think they are better than us, Moo St. fans who know their place and Bama fans, who talk the most trash but are completely ignorant when it come to football or anything else for that matter.

This is back from '03. Our receptionist was from Okalahoma and so was her husband. We had some good natured ribbing throughout the season. At our company Christmas party with a few cocktails flowing both of them, unprompted, starting talking shyt about LSU and how Stoops was going to school Saban and how Jason White was going to throw for 300 yards etc. The husband even got into an pretty heated argument with the a good friied of one of our co-workers. Figured I would chalking it up to the alchohol. Well she shows up the following Monday with the same attitude. She took vacation for the NC to game to go back to Oklahoma to watch the game with family. Big mistake! That gave yours truly time to plan a little and more imprtatntly buy some supplies. Her little work area was nothing but purple and gold. If I could wrap it with paper whatever she had in there was wrapped. Got the IT guys to totally LSU her computer, screensaver, cursor etc. The chime for her e-mail was a tiger roaring. Bunches of balloons etc. I was hoping after being down right ugly before the game that she would be humble in defeat. Not the case at all. Never saw such a sore looser which only made it more enjoyable. I even had a friend call and pretend to be Jason White looking for his Heisman!!!!!!! She eventually moved back to Okalahoma permanently. I have on arky and one UL fan to contend with presently, so its no big deal.

Edited by Hatchertiger

I was hoping after being down right ugly before the game that she would be humble in defeat. Not the case at all. Never saw such a sore looser

sore loser's is the BEST way to describe ou fans. they are 1a and 1b with bama for teams i despise. and for all the same qualities.

i mean, i really, really, REALLY dislike "sooner born and sooner bred" ou fans. i have never met so many bitches and douchebags in my life!

sore loser's is the BEST way to describe ou fans. they are 1a and 1b with bama for teams i despise. and for all the same qualities.

i mean, i really, really, REALLY dislike "sooner born and sooner bred" ou fans. i have never met so many bitches and douchebags in my life!

Funny thing is we never saw that side of her until the NC game. B4 that she was very pleasant and polite to be around and did a great job as receptonist. She eventually got over it and returned to normal. But I MIGHT have riled her up every now and then ;)

I am surrounded by LSU fans so I can't complain much. However, I traditionally run across a bama bandwagon...I mean fan who somehow has forgotten that the university of alabama existed prior to Nick Saban. I mean they didn't even know anything about a bear! Sadly, it reminded me of that portion of our fanbase that we have acquired.

Funny thing is we never saw that side of her until the NC game. B4 that she was very pleasant and polite to be around and did a great job as receptonist. She eventually got over it and returned to normal. But I MIGHT have riled her up every now and then ;)

again. most that are "sooner born and sooner bred" have no redeeming qualities. and there are some i wouldnt mind helping be "sooner dead".

Edited by OkieTigerTK

Where I live we have Ole Piss fans - who think they are better than us, Moo St. fans who know their place and Bama fans, who talk the most trash but are completely ignorant when it come to football or anything else for that matter.

This. The dumbass thing about Ole Piss fans is that if you do start talking trash about their terrible programs, they just start talking about how awesome the parties are and that the grove is the best thing around. Which boggles my mind.

This. The dumbass thing about Ole Piss fans is that if you do start talking trash about their terrible programs, they just start talking about how awesome the parties are and that the grove is the best thing around. Which boggles my mind.

no one give crystal for the parties. now in the grove they have crystal at parties, but they have to bring their own. that would make a good taunt. asking how many crystals they have, and that you arent talking at their pretentious tailgates. because yes, the only thing the grove is, is pretentious.

I have been to the grove, and while I can truthfully report that it is indeed nice, it is not anywhere near as awesome as it's made out to be. It's so quiet that you could curl up under one of the tables and take a nap. And everyone enjoys nice things like white tablecloths and silverware, but no one likes being talked down to, and that's how I felt at Ole Piss. They humored us LSU fans like they'd humor a stray dog, but there was always the underlying tone that they knew they were better than us. They may lose the game later that night, but they had already won the moral victory.

My theory on their fans is that since their team is so consistently bad, they have to affect an oversized hatred of other teams (specifically LSU) to give the fan base some semblance of life. It's like politics: if you can't sing about your accomplishments, attack your opponent.

I have been to the grove, and while I can truthfully report that it is indeed nice, it is not anywhere near as awesome as it's made out to be. It's so quiet that you could curl up under one of the tables and take a nap. And everyone enjoys nice things like white tablecloths and silverware, but no one likes being talked down to, and that's how I felt at Ole Piss. They humored us LSU fans like they'd humor a stray dog, but there was always the underlying tone that they knew they were better than us. They may lose the game later that night, but they had already won the moral victory.

My theory on their fans is that since their team is so consistently bad, they have to affect an oversized hatred of other teams (specifically LSU) to give the fan base some semblance of life. It's like politics: if you can't sing about your accomplishments, attack your opponent.

I like tigerbaiting nerds in the grove.

I like tigerbaiting nerds in the grove.

You aren't. By definition, nerds are smart people. Logic dictates that a smart person would not be in favor of something, say a football program, that is mediocre at it's absolute best. Thus, you are just tigerbating mere dumbasses. But do carry on.