131 replies to this topic

#1 Nutriaitch

Omaha or Nothing

• 7,700 posts
  • 473 topics
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

This is it folks.
By far this most important game we've had all year.

Win it, and we're back home in Omaha.

Lose it, and...well I don't even want to think about that.

These wolves ain't playing around.
They're the 1st team to so much as win a Postseason game against us in The New Box.

We need to bring our "A" game tomorrow.
I'm not ready for our season to end just yet.

Eades on the bump for us.
Not sure who's throwing for them.

GEAUX!!!

#2 OkieTigerTK

Saltine-American

• 19,065 posts
  • 857 topics
  • Locationwho knows?

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

GEAUX!!!

TIGERS!!!

#3 Bayou Bengal

Hail To The Chief

• 7,481 posts
  • 224 topics
  • LocationBrandon/Pearl, MS

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Game on ESPN2?

#4 Hatchertiger

Don't Tread On Me

• 13,454 posts
  • 1,109 topics
  • LocationLafayette, LA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hit. Hit. Hit. The Ball.

#5 OkieTigerTK

Saltine-American

• 19,065 posts
  • 857 topics
  • Locationwho knows?

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Game on ESPN2?

espn2 at noon.

#6 DarkHornet

Chris Jackson

• 389 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Rain looks unrelenting according to the forecast. Let's hope it's wrong. I don't want to be sitting around all day wondering when/if we'll get it in. And I DEFINITELY don't want to wait til Monday to play it.

#7 OkieTigerTK

Saltine-American

• 19,065 posts
  • 857 topics
  • Locationwho knows?

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

for those that discussed in another topic...

lsu is wearing gold tomorrow.

Bill Martin @LSUBillMartin
Tomorrow. Winner take all for Omaha. Wear your gold. #LSU

#8 Fishhead

Redfish Population Control Officer

• 14,198 posts
  • 887 topics
  • LocationLandmass

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Rain looks unrelenting according to the forecast. Let's hope it's wrong. I don't want to be sitting around all day wondering when/if we'll get it in. And I DEFINITELY don't want to wait til Monday to play it.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to play it on Monday. More rest for our pitchers, and maybe somebody can find our bats by then.

#9 ecasadoSBU

• 8 posts
  • 0 topics
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hello guys, this ecasadoSBU from the SBUfan board. Decided to come over to the board for the next day or so. I should've done so a few days earlier but after seeing what the folks in tigerdroppings did to our forum I was a little reluctant to join until further consideration. I'm here. Lets talk some baseball!

Edited by ecasadoSBU, 09 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#10 ecasadoSBU

• 8 posts
  • 0 topics
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Our coach hasn't announced the pitcher for tomorrow. I guess we'll find out an hour before game-time. Let the best team win tomorrow. This game has a huge significance for us. I'm sure its an honor for the team and for our fan base to play teams of such caliber like LSU. Tomorrow will be a great day and lets hope the rain stays away

Edited by ecasadoSBU, 09 June 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#11 DarkHornet

Chris Jackson

• 389 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hello guys, this ecasadoSBU from the SBUfan board. Decided to come over to the board for the next day or so. I should've done so a few days earlier but after seeing what the folks in tigerdroppings did to our forum I was a little reluctant to join until further consideration. I'm here. Lets talk some baseball!

Sorry, TD represents the unwashed masses of our fan base. You'll find this site much more civilized. Welcome!

You guys have a real solid team, and I'm definitely nervous about Game 3.

#12 Fishhead

Redfish Population Control Officer

• 14,198 posts
  • 887 topics
  • LocationLandmass

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Man, I wish you would've found us first before TD found you guys. We're very impressed by the Seawolves. Is there a guy in the lineup that can't hit?? Solid fielding, tough pitchers, great team. Luckily I did a little research once I found out we would be hosting you guys. I haven't been surprised, per se...but I have certainly been impressed and convinced. Welcome to Tigalaya...stick around, even after the game tomorrow. We welcome fans of (almost) any school...lol.

#13 OkieTigerTK

Saltine-American

• 19,065 posts
  • 857 topics
  • Locationwho knows?

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Our coach hasn't announced the pitcher for tomorrow. I guess we'll find out an hour before game-time. Let the best team win tomorrow. This game has a huge significance for us. I'm sure its an honor for the team and for our fan base to play teams of such caliber like LSU. Tomorrow will be a great day and lets hope the rain stays away

Welcome. Sorry that y'all had to deal with the feces known as tiger droppings. You will find tigalaya is a 180 from that group.

Who is y'alls number three guy normally? Is there a drop off from 2 to 3 or is the usual number 3 guy, or your mid-week guy, just as impressive as your 1 and 2? Y'all have a solid ball club. SB is not a #4 seed. I am very nervous about sunday.

Hope no matter what happens, you will stick around and discuss the cws, and all sports beyond that, with us. You will find this place to be very welcoming to rival fans.

Edited by OkieTigerTK, 09 June 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#14 dachsie

LA gal in TX

• 6,053 posts
  • 289 topics
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hit. Hit. Hit. The Ball.

And do not steal!

#15 dachsie

LA gal in TX

• 6,053 posts
  • 289 topics
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Welcome! Forget the idiots at TD. Think of the name "droppings". It speaks for itself. Lol. Glad to have you join us. Join us in chat room during the game. We don't bite. :)

#16 ecasadoSBU

• 8 posts
  • 0 topics
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

I can't speak for the rest of our fan base, but I'm personally as impressed by our SBU baseball team as any of you are. I'm a big loyal fan of SBU and I knew we had one of the top teams in the Northeast and that we also have a couple of outstanding players from the Cape Cod league. But I didn't even consider the posibility of playing a team like LSU in a Super Regional, and this lineup has been batting very well from top-to-bottom. It has impressed me and a lot of other folks. This is huge for us. It may not be as big of a deal for all of you (with 6 NCs) to be in a SR, but playing a team like LSU and to compete against them is a big step forward for our baseball program. I'm excited for tomorrow's game and its getting the attention of a lot of people here in the Northeast who don't tend to watch College baseball. I was so into the LSU-SBU game that I forgot about tonights Yankees-Mets game (I never miss those...lol)

I'll be back tomorrow for game time. Later guys, and thanks for the welcome!

Edited by ecasadoSBU, 09 June 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#17 ecasadoSBU

• 8 posts
  • 0 topics
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Welcome. Sorry that y'all had to deal with the feces known as tiger droppings. You will find tigalaya is a 180 from that group.

Who is y'alls number three guy normally? Is there a drop off from 2 to 3 or is the usual number 3 guy, or your mid-week guy, just as impressive as your 1 and 2? Y'all have a solid ball club. SB is not a #4 seed. I am very nervous about sunday.

Hope no matter what happens, you will stick around and discuss the cws, and all sports beyond that, with us. You will find this place to be very welcoming to rival fans.

Stecko-Haley should be our pitcher tomorrow. Besides McNitt (Who pitched impressively but bullpen couldn't hold) and our Ace Tyler Johnson, Stecko should be our third option...But our coach always says that He prefers to sleep on it and then decide who will pitch. You can never be 100% sure with Matt Senk...

Haley has a 3.47 ERA and has pitched about 80 innings. I expect to see more runs scored from both sides tomorrow. Lets hope its a fun and exciting game to watch!

#18 Stevescookin

Stephen Peterman

• 5,480 posts
  • 170 topics
  • LocationChilly Gentilly !!!!!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

You guys have a helluva team !!! :smiley-happy088:

Edited by Stevescookin, 10 June 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#19 Stevescookin

Stephen Peterman

• 5,480 posts
  • 170 topics
  • LocationChilly Gentilly !!!!!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

This is what baseball is all about. Win or lose, I have thoroughly enjoyed this series so far. Masterful pitching, clutch hitting, great defense.

(I wish I could say great base running, but....what the heck! :smiley-shocked003: )

Both teams have tons of heart.

#20 Northshore Mom

Mom on the Move

• 1,673 posts
  • 271 topics
  • LocationWest Florida Parishes

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Unfortunately, I think today's game will be a rain out. Forecast is 99% chance of rain at noon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users