Sign in to follow this  
OkieTigerTK

College World Series Discussion

ok, it sucks that we arent there. but part of the healing process is moving on, and not throwing tv's or computers out the window. and no doubt, bars all over omaha will be shedding a tear also.

but, the field has been set. time for one more round of good baseball. personally, i will be cheering for stony brook. they play the first game of the cws on friday afternoon.

here is the schedule:

cwsschedule.png

I will root for them too and would even be up for a chat during their game if anyone else is interested.

I will root for them too and would even be up for a chat during their game if anyone else is interested.

i have no life so i'm probably in! :D

With the ridiculously talented pitching UCLA has, the match up with SB should be a humdinger. That is a game I will be certain to watch.

year two at $ellout Park.

still don't seem right.

maybe we should tear down the Statue of Liberty and put up a "modern" eyesore in it's place.

year two at $ellout Park.

still don't seem right.

maybe we should tear down the Statue of Liberty and put up a "modern" eyesore in it's place.

In all honesty, that is why this is year two that i havent been. I cant bring myself to go to the new ballpark. I was at the final series, the last out at the blatt, and i want to keep that in my mind as the cws.

this made me choke up...

OMAHA, Neb. -- The ghost of Warren Morris is screaming. I hear him.

Or maybe that's the wind, cold and haunting on a warm day here, as it whips past the seatless concrete benches behind the third-base dugout at Rosenblatt Stadium -- what used to be Rosenblatt Stadium, anyway.

This is no longer Rosenblatt Stadium.

The College World Series opens Friday at TD Ameritrade Park, a beautiful facility three miles north of this site. It debuted there last spring, and in 2010, we all said our tearful goodbyes to Rosenblatt, the old, tradition-rich stadium on the hill in south Omaha.

The shell of Rosenblatt still stands, to be razed next month and transformed into parking lots for the adjacent Henry Doorly Zoo and the Infield at the Zoo, a monument which will serve as a nice tribute to the 61-year home of the CWS and professional baseball in Omaha.

[+] Enlargencaa_e_rosenfence_300.jpg

Mitch Sherman/ESPN.comRosenblatt was shut off to visitors during last year's College World Series, as the event moved to its new home in downtown Omaha at TD Ameritrade Park.

For $250, you can buy a brick and get your name engraved on a wall that sits on the new, synthetic field at TD Ameritrade Park. It's a complete tax write-off, say the zoo employees parked at a table this week on the shredded warning track in foul territory near what used to be Rosenblatt's left field.

This is not right.

Last year as the CWS raged downtown, local fans and visitors gravitated, by habit, to Rosenblatt. They found the iconic ballpark wrapped in a chain-link fence with signs warning people to stay out. More came than anticipated by zoo officials who purchased the 36 acres of Rosenblatt land from the city.

So the zoo decided this year to reopen the gates. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday through Monday, fans are invited one more time to visit the ballpark. Play catch on the field. Snap photos. Sit in the dugout. Relive the wonder.

Florida State's Mike Martin, visiting Omaha as a head coach for the 15th time this week, said he wants to go see the stadium. Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn, who turned this place into a red sea as the Nebraska coach in 2001 and 2002 and twice led the Razorbacks to Rosenblatt, said he would like to take his team to visit.

My advice: Don't do it. This is not Rosenblatt.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8046232/a-final-viewing-rosenblatt-stadium-college-world-series

i dont know if i will ever forgive the "powers that be" (read espn) who pushed for the replacement.

Is it usual that they put all the teams from the same conference in a bracket? Guess they don't want a replay of football season.

I find it interest

Is it usual that they put all the teams from the same conference in a bracket? Guess they don't want a replay of football season.

I believe that's coincidence in the way the brackets played out. If Mississippi State and LSU had been able to win out, they would have been on the other side of the bracket.

Edited by DarkHornet

Just the way it fell.

When field of 64 was announced, it was possible to have 7 SEC teams make it to Omaha.

3 on one side, 4 on the other.

Only 3 made it, who all happened to be on same side of bracket.

I find it interest

I believe that's coincidence in the way the brackets played out. If Mississippi State and LSU had been able to win out, they would have been on the other side of the bracket.

yep. if you look at the original tournament field in the brackets in the link below, it is just because of which sec teams advanced.

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1

opening ceremonies cancelled because of severe weather. if this is like the '10 cws opening weekend, good luck getting games in.

ugh. ucla scored more on stony brook in 8 innings than we did an entire 3 game series.

*sigh*

Edited by OkieTigerTK

SB looked totally different from last weekend. I was dissapointed. From the beggining of the game they didn't look ready to play. They didn't work the pitcher, and our Ace wasn't our Ace last night. I hope they bounce back but it won't be an easy task. The offense from the Regionals/Super Regionals was non-existent. They left plenty of runners on base... and Carmona was sloppy at third base.

Thanks to all the LSU fans for the great support. It was awesome to see all the LSU fans there at Omaha rooting supporting for Stony Brook. What a great fanbase I must say!

Edited by ecasadoSBU

SB looked totally different from last weekend. I was dissapointed.

You could see it in their eyes. Down 5-0 early you could actually see the air leave their sail. The rest of the game they looked like they were trying to figure out how they were going to bounce back. We will see what they are made of but UCLA put some medicine on them boys yesterday.

You could see it in their eyes. Down 5-0 early you could actually see the air leave their sail. The rest of the game they looked like they were trying to figure out how they were going to bounce back. We will see what they are made of but UCLA put some medicine on them boys yesterday.

sounds a lot like us in game 3 of the Supers.