Northshore Mom

Coffee

What is your favorite coffee? How many cups a day

I used to drink Community Dark Roast, but have swtiched to Mello Joy Dark Roast. Years ago, I would have up to seven cups a day, now I have two cups in the morning and none at work as they buy Folgers. Not only is it bad coffee, they only put 2 scoops of coffee to a twelve cup pot. it looks like weak tea. :ack2:

For a regular coffee pot I use Community between roast. But mostly I use my French press in which I use French roast beans that I grind. I haven had any coffee in probably 2 months.

Edited by dachsie

none at work as they buy Folgers. Not only is it bad coffee, they only put 2 scoops of coffee to a twelve cup pot. it looks like weak tea. :ack2:

what kind of heathens/yankees do you work with?

i am an espresso person. 3-4 demitasse cups of espresso each morning. lightly sweetened with starbucks syrup (i buy the syrup and use it at home). syrups are hazelnut, cinnamon dolce, or caramel.

if i want something cold and on the run, i will grab a can of starbucks double shot espresso. i keep them in my fridge. i also keep them in my cooler to have in my hotel room in the mornings to get me going till i can get somewhere to get real coffee.

I do like a good espresso every one in a while. I will use espresso beans in my cappuccino maker.

what kind of heathens/yankees do you work with?

Most everyone I work with grew up in the New Orleans area. It is very bizarre to me.

When we go out to dinner will sometimes get an espresso with dessert Also, I enjoy a frozen coffee with caramel.

Edited by Northshore Mom

I drink less than ten cups of coffee a year. But common sense tells me that real coffee comes in a red Community Coffee bag that says Dark Roast.

Go-to is Community dark roast and Community New Orleans Blend. Then we wander about, Peet's, Starbucks whole bean when on sale, an HEB store brand vanilla that is quite good. We have gotten some very good coffee from Costa Rica, my wife goes in with a group from work and they get a case and split it to keep the shipping cost down, and Costa Rican coffee is among the best, we'd prefer it if we can get it more easily.

I usually down 4 cups a day, big cups.

Edited by houtiger

I like Community, and coffee is my blood type. There are times when I will literally drink a POT a day. I have begun to cut back on that though, and I have been drinking about 4 cups (actual cups, which means one of my cups and a refill) in the morning.

Sometimes when I'm working, I'll have like 6 cups in the morning, and then at night when I need to make contacts or finish a tough claim, it's not unusual for me to brew another small pot.

Switched from Community to Luzianne a few months back. Doctor has limited me to 2 cups per day which I have in the morning at home. Decaf the rest of the day. Interesting fact: my grandfather was the bookkeeper for the original Mello Joy Coffee Company in Lafayette.

Also, I enjoy a frozen coffee with caramel.

True story...I actually tried an ice coffee once when I was in Chicago. It was all I could do to hold it in my mouth long enough to get to the bathroom to expel that vile concoction from my mouth. When I got back to the counter (yes, I was actually in a COFFEE SHOP), the girl...still trying to hold back laughter, asked if I'd like to try something different like, oh, coffee?? I said no, and told her I doubt I'll be able to eat or drink anything for the rest of the day until I can get back to my room and scrub my tongue, tonsils, and roof of my mouth.

:bad:

a couple of shots of espresso or a dark roast/brew, sweetened, with some milk stirred in, served over ice... love it.

Switched from Community to Luzianne a few months back. Doctor has limited me to 2 cups per day which I have in the morning at home. Decaf the rest of the day. Interesting fact: my grandfather was the bookkeeper for the original Mello Joy Coffee Company in Lafayette.

My mother bought both Community and Mello Joy when I was a kid, and I was a regular coffee drinker by the age of 5. Up at 6:30, Mom cooked breakfast for Dad and me. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, toast and coffee, french toast (best I EVER ate!).

I saw some Mello Joy on the shelf at our Wal Mart a few months ago, I bought it to try, but I was not that impressed, went back to Community.

I suspect my first cup of coffee was Sabine coffee. Over the years before I went in the Air Force, I suspect is was a mix of Sabine & Community. Since then, I've drank coffee all over the world.

Today I drink my first cup from a 7-11 on the way to work. A couple of more cups once I get to the office. I have no idea what brand it is.

I suspect my first cup of coffee was Sabine coffee. Over the years before I went in the Air Force, I suspect is was a mix of Sabine & Community. Since then, I've drank coffee all over the world.

Today I drink my first cup from a 7-11 on the way to work. A couple of more cups once I get to the office. I have no idea what brand it is.

You know who has good coffee if you're on the road? Pilot. I like it better if it's a Pilot TRUCK STOP, but I guess it's the same in their convenience stores.

Another, if you're ever stranded in the Knoxville area, is a local chain convenience store called Weigels. Theirs may even be better than Pilot, but Pilot isn't so localized. I don't know it's reach in LA, but I know there's one at the Well's Road exit on I-20 in West Monroe. That's about my halfway point traveling from Purvis to Dallas...

My mother bought both Community and Mello Joy when I was a kid, and I was a regular coffee drinker by the age of 5. Up at 6:30, Mom cooked breakfast for Dad and me. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, toast and coffee, french toast (best I EVER ate!).

I saw some Mello Joy on the shelf at our Wal Mart a few months ago, I bought it to try, but I was not that impressed, went back to Community.

you got me beat. i started drinking it around the age of 11 or 12.

we were at a horse show in late november and it was so freakin cold not only could we not bathe the horses, the only way to try to wash their tails was to dip them in buckets of warm water. it was so cold the water would freeze their tails into ice cycles before we could even get them dry. with gloves on my hands were so cold i couldnt hardly feel the reins.

needless to say, the concession stands ran out of hot chocolate for the kiddos. i started drinking coffee with a bit of cream and sugar. instantly hooked.

i dont drink. i dont smoke. i dont do drugs.

touch my coffee and i will kill you.

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 24 years old and in Afghanistan. After that until I got out of the military, I averaged about 3 or 4 cups a day. In Camp Lejeune you could buy a special $10 travel mug and get unlimited free refills of any type of coffee from any store on base.

Now in the mornings I drink one serving of Community medium roast from a mug that holds about 1.5 cups.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf the best ever!

I do love Community and Mello Joy, but Coffee Bean is awesome, makes Starbucks taste like dog poop. Also, Coffee Bean has the best decafs that I have had. Full disclosure, they were an old customer of mine, good people, but still awesome coffee and the best tea. My recommendations are the expensive stuff, Kona and Jamacian Blue Mountain, then the French, Kenya, and Sumatra (they have a lot, so my list is not near the end all, be all). Tea recommendations are Oolong and Jasime Pearl, yeah more of the expensive stuff.

http://www.coffeebean.com/

From a retired AF E-8 and a Vietnam era veteran, thanks for your service. :aflag8sm:

We were discussing education in another topic, and the importance (or lack thereof, as it were) of it. I mentioned sometimes I have thought about completing mine, even though I'm...er...a good bit older than MC, Nootch, Chase, BB, Greg, etc.........and of course Okie, Dachs, NSMom, and all the other lovely ladies of Tigalaya.

But that isn't the big regret in my life. The big regret in my life is that I got out of the military, for really no good reason. I was an E-6, and was then in the Air National Guard. It had been good to me, allowing me full time opportunities at a time I needed full time opportunities. Then I found a decent job and was back to regular guard service. I got out because I was moving to MS, and thanks to a Clinton policy that put a freeze on military hires, I learned I couldn't cross train to another field for which I was qualified and join the MS Air National Guard. So I let my time come and go, and just got out. I had 9 years of service, and 5 years ago, I would've had 20. I should've stayed in. It wouldn't have been much of a sacrifice to travel once a month from Purvis to my unit outside of NOLA. I do it twice a week when I'm off now to go fishing.

Youngins is stupid sometimes.

Rerail! Ice coffee sucks.

From a retired AF E-8 and a Vietnam era veteran, thanks for your service. :aflag8sm:

You're welcome, and thanks for the recognition!