#1 LSUDad

Laron Landry

• 2,196 posts
  • 144 topics

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Allstate Sugar Bowl Prep Classic
Friday, Sep 07 2012
06:00 PM (cst)
The Mercedes-Benz Superdome and the Allstate Sugar Bowl will host the second annual Allstate Sugar Bowl Prep Classic on Friday, Sept. 7 in the Superdome. This year's high school football doubleheader will feature John Curtis Christian School from River Ridge, La., against Plant (Fla.) High School and St. Paul's High School from Covington, La., against Lincoln (Tallahassee, Fla.) High School.

#2 OkieTigerTK

Saltine-American

• 19,075 posts
  • 857 topics
  • Locationwho knows?

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Interesting. Should be a good chance to see some future div I talent.

#3 LSUDad

Laron Landry

• 2,196 posts
  • 144 topics

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Interesting. Should be a good chance to see some future div I talent.

I think so. We will have a group heading down for the games. An with the two Fla. schools, should be some good games.

I remember one time a buddy of mine talking about John Curtis going to play Hoover High in alabama. I tod him that JC would win that one. He starts telling me about all the talent at Hoover. JC won, so whats new.

I'll tell you another one...Years back USA Today ranked the high school teams. That season they kept ranking the Cali. team #1. I knew West Monroe was the better team, so this is what I did.
I sent an E-mail to the guy that did the rankings. I thought the only way to get a reply was to hit him hard.
My E-mail went something like this:

If you keep putting that school from California #1, the newspaper needs to fire you. You know nothing about football.

I was trying to get a reply. It took one day. He wanted to know what the heck I was talking about. Well I threw out the bait and it was my turn to hook him.

I said, " You keep putting this school in Cali #1, they have a North and a South Champion. They don't even play each other, so you don't know if thats the best team in that state. West Monroe beat this years Tx. state champs(Midland Lee) and went to Moss Point Mississippi and beat them (Who were also #1 in the state of Ms). WM has beaten everyone they have played in the state of La. So how can they not be the #1 team in the nation?

His reply, "My new rankings will be out, you will be pleased!"

The next time the rankings came out West Monroe was #1 and he looked like he had cut and pasted my E-Mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users