Sign in to follow this  
Northshore Mom

LSU is No Penn State

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20120813/SPORTS/208130307

I try to avoid Guilbeau at all costs, but his name was not on this, so I read it. After reading the venom in his writing I realized it was him and he really ticked me off this time.

He is trying to put a spin on the $4 million gift the AD department made to the school as "hush money" and they are the Corleone's. He called our school traditions and history "gaudy".

He must be a sad and strange little man.

I don't know, NSMom. I despise taking up for him, but the way I read that, it was a slam against PSU...not LSU. The way I read it was that LSU does the right thing, and doesn't cover it up. The only thing I wish he would've added was that LSU also didn't cover up the Akeim Hicks/DJ MacArthy thing.

I don't know, NSMom. I despise taking up for him, but the way I read that, it was a slam against PSU...not LSU. The way I read it was that LSU does the right thing, and doesn't cover it up. The only thing I wish he would've added was that LSU also didn't cover up the Akeim Hicks/DJ MacArthy thing.

I agree with you on the Akeim Hicks/DJ MacArthy situation. I just wish the media would stick to the facts and not insert their personal opinions.

We all know, that integrity in journalism is dead.

I agree with you on the Akeim Hicks/DJ MacArthy situation. I just wish the media would stick to the facts and not insert their personal opinions.

We all know, that integrity in journalism is dead.

Too many other ways to get news. In order to make $ in print/internet media, you have to be controversial. Their paychecks don't have the words "stupid [censored]" on it. All spends the same to them.

I just refuse to pay them.

i stopped reading when "hush money" was stated. does it get better from there?

because when i stopped reading he was inferring that the ath dept had the school in its pocket and could/would make threats to school if it tried to carry on normal compliance procedures.

just let me know, i'll be in the shower...

i stopped reading when "hush money" was stated. does it get better from there?

because when i stopped reading he was inferring that the ath dept had the school in its pocket and could/would make threats to school if it tried to carry on normal compliance procedures.

just let me know, i'll be in the shower...

I THINK he was saying that if ever there was an athletic program that COULD strong-arm the University, it's LSU. But the way I read the article, he's saying that LSU's athletic dept would never do that.

I THINK he was saying that if ever there was an athletic program that COULD strong-arm the University, it's LSU. But the way I read the article, he's saying that LSU's athletic dept would never do that.

ok thanks. i can really only go so far with him sometimes...

One of the posters ( you know - the kind that hang on the wall...not an internet thang.) that was popular in the seventies was a poem called "Desiderata".

Among the many bits of wisdom there was this one:

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Edited by PaducahMichael