RileyTime

Next Season - TM7 to return to LSU?

Honey Badger cannot return to team, LSU's compliance officer says

BATON ROUGE - Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu cannot return to the LSU football team at any time in the future, LSU senior associate athletic director for NCAA compliance Bo Bahnsen reiterated on Monday after an ESPN story stated there was a chance Mathieu could return for the 2013 season.

"He's permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," Bahnsen said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "That's definite. That's what was said Friday."

@ TheDude

Too much to multi quote and take up any more room with this nonsense. Continue to take my post as an assumptive attack on people. The shoe fit some people. They can wear it...you can put it back on the shelf and look for your own pair. But as of this post I don't feel it necessary to continue this particular conversation with you.

Your "is that so hard to understand" comment is arrogant and condescending in nature...which is what you accused me of.

And no one said I had to agree with anyone.....BUT I wanted to make real sure you know that I don't agree with you.

I didn't quote anyone and then tell them "who the (edit) do you think you are" and then tell them how to post. YOU DID. Nothing "assumptive" about who was arrogant there.

But I digress. Have a great day :smiley-happy088:

Ok. I will be sure to go back to my "spotless life". :smiley-happy088:

thanks for the link, emcee. i really hope we can put this, and all speculation behind us soon. i hope the young man gets clean and gets his act together wherever he goes. i will root for him where ever that is and hopes he gets back on track with his life.

What does it say about LSU that TM7 wants to come back here (allegedly) instead of going any other route?

And if he is willing to put in that kind of work to pay back the team, the coach, and the fans for what he did...I stand up and applaud.

I don't think it's so much about punishing him but showing the others what can happen if you don't follow the rules. And in that regard he should not be allowed to return. If he comes back then the whole team will be stoned everyday.

To clarify: Tyrann Mathieu has the option to go to LSU as a student. LSU is not speculating on his football future.

To clarify: Tyrann Mathieu has the option to go to LSU as a student. LSU is not speculating on his football future.

— Herb Vincent (@SECherbvin)

August 13, 2012

LSU did NOT announce this. “@USATODAYsports: Tyrann Mathieu is "permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," the school announced"

LSU did NOT announce this. “@USATODAYsports: Tyrann Mathieu is "permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," the school announced"

— Herb Vincent (@SECherbvin)

August 13, 2012

I'm not real proficient at reading between the lines, but my interpretation is that the door hasn't been completely closed.

Don't bet the ranch on my take.

@LSUsports: RT @LSUherbvin: To clarify: Tyrann Mathieu has the option to go to @LSU as a student. #LSU is not speculating on his football future.

From lsusports.net

allegedly, Mathieu is interested in only 2 schools.

Nicholls and McNeese.

requested that LSU officials deny all requests from anyone else.

i have no official predictions in how this story ends.

but just like on the field, he's making things interesting.

I must admit that seeing y'all run with a Gilbeau link/article as fact was amusing. :)

I must admit that seeing y'all run with a Gilbeau link/article as fact was amusing. :)

Whoa, I just now saw that the article I linked was Gilbeau.

I'm open to suggestions for acts of penance.

Whoa, I just now saw that the article I linked was Gilbeau.

I'm open to suggestions for acts of penance.

Deliver 2 bottles of Scotch (Macallan, 12 yr old minimum) to my house before kickoff, and all will be forgiven.

In the words of Rocky Balboa...

"Nuthins ovah".

Jeryl Brazil â€@TheReal_JBrazil

Tyrann matheiu back to LSU. Guess its time for the fans that was hating to jump back on the band wagon! #Tm7

actually, a theory going around that makes sense. maybe it was just a one year suspension and tm didnt want to sit out so asked for a transfer and was dismissed. changes his mind and wants to take the one year offer instead. only a theory going around, but it is about the only thing that makes sense at this point. and going by lsu's own policy, a one year suspension is the punishment for the failed tests.

it makes sense in a couple of ways. one, in that THAT is the policy for failed tests. and two, the staff isnt easing up or wavering on punishment, they are going with what they offered initially. the change comes from tm deciding he was hasty.

btw, just like the rumors of declined to let him jackson state or southern talk to him, everyone assumed that was lsu's doing. in reading the tweets in the article above, yes lsu declined to let other schools talk to tm, but because he requested they do so.

Edited by OkieTigerTK

actually, a theory going around that makes sense. maybe it was just a one year suspension and tm didnt want to sit out so asked for a transfer and was dismissed. changes his mind and wants to take the one year offer instead. only a theory going around, but it is about the only thing that makes sense at this point. and going by lsu's own policy, a one year suspension is the punishment for the failed tests.

it makes sense in a couple of ways. one, in that THAT is the policy for failed tests. and two, the staff isnt easing up or wavering on punishment, they are going with what they offered initially. the change comes from tm deciding he was hasty.

btw, just like the rumors of declined to let him jackson state or southern talk to him, everyone assumed that was lsu's doing. in reading the tweets in the article above, yes lsu declined to let other schools talk to tm, but because he requested they do so.

So, just like yesterday, we know nothing...

Can you post some more pictures of Mett's butt so I can get my mind off of this topic... Thanks in advance!

So, just like yesterday, we know nothing...

Can you post some more pictures of Mett's butt so I can get my mind off of this topic... Thanks in advance!

no, we still know nothing, but the theory (and it is just that, an internet theory) makes sense. i understand lsu has to be kinda tight lipped about most things because of student privacy policies, and because miles and the program are that way anyway. but it sure causes a lot of confusion and speculation.

and as far as mett's fine ass, that's the only pic i have (unfortunately) so you will just have to revisit that topic.