• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
pochejp

Gonzales La. style jambalaya recipe.

66 posts in this topic

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum! One helluva first post!!!!! Making me very hungry. Grilling tuna tonight. I'll try your recipe out, my son loves jambaya but its one thing I've never cooked.

Edited by Hatchertiger

Welcome to the forum! One helluva first post!!!!! Making me very hungry. Grilling tuna tonight. I'll try your recipe out, my son loves jambaya but its one thing I've never cooked.

Thanks. Give it a shot. Hope you enjoy it. :smiley-eatdrink042:

Hmmmmm. Well have to discuss "the trinity" in depth. Then we can perfect that mighty fine recipe of yours.

Ya know, because I am all about helping my neighbors. :)

Hmmmmm. Well have to discuss "the trinity" in depth. Then we can perfect that mighty fine recipe of yours.

Ya know, because I am all about helping my neighbors. :)

Do you not know what "the trinity" is? I know you do...I've eaten your pastalaya.

I skimmed his post and his treatment of the trinity for Gonzales style jambalaya is a bit off.

Please. Enlighten me. I've cooked this for 25 years. Give some details and not just lip service. Don't tell me you need bell pepper and celery. I'm all ears.

Please. Enlighten me. I've cooked this for 25 years. Give some details and not just lip service. Don't tell me you need bell pepper and celery. I'm all ears.

Typing from phone this evening. Let's just say for now that yours has a stringer bridge style in regards to the tribity but is otherwise spot on for a "Gonzales" jambalaya. :)

And hell neaux to celery!

Edited by Greg

New guy brings the Jambalaya! :smiley-happy088: Seriously.

Recipe looks really good. I have never tried Leblanc's seasoning.

Is it available everywhere?

I don't think so. Maybe in BR but i'm not sure. It is all over here in the Gonzales area. I buy it direct from Kim LeBlanc at his shop. It is $12 for a gallon and kicks all the others tails in taste in my opinion. If you're ever out this way stop in any grocer here and they have it in several sizes from 8 oz shaker can to gallon jugs.

I don't think so. Maybe in BR but i'm not sure. It is all over here in the Gonzales area. I buy it direct from Kim LeBlanc at his shop. It is $12 for a gallon and kicks all the others tails in taste in my opinion. If you're ever out this way stop in any grocer here and they have it in several sizes from 8 oz shaker can to gallon jugs.

Thanks for the information, next time I am out that way, will make a stop.

Welcome to Tigalaya. :smiley-signs087:

pochejp, I was just jerking your chain earlier due to the St. Amant location and your Gonzales jambalaya. It's basically my sworn duty by birth to give you a hard time. EA/STA ya know. For the rest of you, think LSU/Ole Piss. or LSU/Auburn. :D

Anyhow, you appear to live in my father's family's neck of the woods. All born and raised in Stringer Bridge area. You obviously have your jambalaya recipe sorted out and perfected. I do add bell peppers to mine though, but a minimal amount because you don't want to take away from the taste of how jambalaya is supposed to be by going and overpowering it with the taste of the bell peppers. As far as the celery goes, I personally hate celery and don't use it.

With that being said, neither you nor I do a true Gonzales jambalaya as one would typically include all three parts of the cajun trinity: onions, bell peppers, & celery. But that's what cooking is all about, adapting to your own tastes and thus giving everyone else such variety to enjoy.

So, when we doing a cookoff? :stirthepot:

pochejp, I was just jerking your chain earlier due to the St. Amant location and your Gonzales jambalaya. It's basically my sworn duty by birth to give you a hard time. EA/STA ya know. For the rest of you, think LSU/Ole Piss. or LSU/Auburn. :D

Anyhow, you appear to live in my father's family's neck of the woods. All born and raised in Stringer Bridge area. You obviously have your jambalaya recipe sorted out and perfected. I do add bell peppers to mine though, but a minimal amount because you don't want to take away from the taste of how jambalaya is supposed to be by going and overpowering it with the taste of the bell peppers. As far as the celery goes, I personally hate celery and don't use it.

With that being said, neither you nor I do a true Gonzales jambalaya as one would typically include all three parts of the cajun trinity: onions, bell peppers, & celery. But that's what cooking is all about, adapting to your own tastes and thus giving everyone else such variety to enjoy.

So, when we doing a cookoff? :stirthepot:

Ha. ok I got hazed. I like this site. Can't believe I just found it.

I live near stringer bridge rd.

Cook off ? You say when, i'm game. :smiley-eatdrink042::LSU:

Ha. ok I got hazed. I like this site. Can't believe I just found it.

I live near stringer bridge rd.

Cook off ? You say when, i'm game. :smiley-eatdrink042::LSU:

Glad you found us! The site has been online for just under 25 months now and we're steadily growing in quality members. You'll certainly fit right in.

Here's an obligatory picture of one of my pots of jambalaya.

4314bc16.jpg