Rich

For this evenings meal

1,872 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

First try at steaming clams in white wine.

And how did they turn out?

I had chicken and artichoke hearts in lemon butter sauce over pasta and garlic bread.  Will be eating on it for a few days  LOL

12 hours ago, dachsie said:

And how did they turn out?

Yes, they were awesome.  Steamed them in white wine and then took them out when they were done.  Then began building a sauce with the broth, added butter, lemon juice, garlic, scallions, salt and red pepper flakes, and let that reduce a bit and then added back over the clams.  Had nice crusty bread to dip into the sauce while we enjoyed the clams. Bought the clams at Costco and every single one opened signifying that they were all alive.  Will definitely do it again :smiley-happy088:

My friend that I helped set out traps in the Spillway, he's running the traps this evening. Big Crawfish Boil on Belle River. He said, just bring an appetite. 

Lets eat. 

10 hours ago, LSUDad said:

We caught about 120 pounds of Crawfish in the Spillway, boiling on the River, Belle River that is. 

Thanks for telling us. You are KILLING me! No crawfish around here!

i have no idea. probably opening a can of soup. i got a steriod shot into my temporal joint yesterday. eating a banana for breakfast was difficult my jaw is still so sore.

Sitting on the deck, drinking ice cold Coronas, and smoking some Burnt Ends ..... and they are beginning to "get right"

serving those with an Asian lime slaw, sliced homegrown tomatoes in olive oil, and leftover wedding cake from my baby girl's wedding  :martinismiley:  Cheers!