LSUDad

Sad day for Four Former LSU Players "Arrested"

In the US $10 billion a year is spent on sending marijuana crimes to trial & housing those who get convicted. Imagine if it was made legal? They can tax it & save $10 billion a year.

I don't think so:

Important lessons can be learned from those two widely-used legal drugs. While both alcohol and tobacco are taxed and regulated, the tax benefits to the public are vastly overshadowed by the adverse consequences of their use.

Alcohol-related costs total over $185 billion while federal and states collected an estimated $14.5 billion in tax revenue; similarly, tobacco use costs over $200 billion but only $25 billion is collected in taxes. These figures show that the costs of legal alcohol are more than 12 times the total tax revenue collected, and that the costs of legal tobacco are about 8 times the tax revenue collected. This is an economically disastrous tradeoff.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36267223/Why_We_Should_Not_Legalize_Marijuana

Thinking about this more, I can't believe they consented to having the apartment searched in the first place!

Thinking about this more, I can't believe they consented to having the apartment searched in the first place!

Yeah it's not like the police can sit around and wait for a warrant or anything.

From the press release, that would just make everyone get an obstruction charge, which is a felony for everyone instead of two misdemeanors and two felonies

I seem to remember a lot of people here jumping all over Steve for his comments about TM when he was 1st kicked off of the team. Looks like he was right after all, huh?

I seem to remember a lot of people here jumping all over Steve for his comments about TM when he was 1st kicked off of the team. Looks like he was right after all, huh?

"Jumping all over" is a stretch, but yes...sure looks like he was right. To be honest, there's any number of LSU players...or college football players in general, for that matter, that one could make unsubstantiated negative comments about, and likely be right. But unless one has facts and documentation to support their claims, it's wrong to do on Tigalaya. :)

But unless one has facts and documentation to support their claims, it's wrong to do on Tigalaya. :)

At least regarding LSU players, commits, or recruits. I don't care what anyone says about Bama's players, commits, or recruits, unless LSU is also recruiting them...

Kind of a double standard, huh? Ain't that some shyt? :)

It's fine as long as you know it's a double standard. What irritates me is folks who don't realize it.

Herb, just yanking your chain, but if you're gonna bring that into this discussion, bring it all.

THIS is the kinda stuff Steve got grief for:

I think that there's no way that Miles would throw an integral player like Matthieu off the team.... a Berdnarik award winner....a Heismann trophy candidate....an all American at two positions. Especially a team that's poised to win the BCS championship.

Matthieu didn't just flunk a drug test....it had to be a lot more than that. I never said he was a villain, that's too strong.

That is a declaration, not an opinion. And to this day, there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. In the above, he was claiming that whatever Mathieu did to get kicked off the team was something worse than failing a drug test, and that "there's no way Miles would throw an integral player like Matthieu off the team", which is insulting to the head coach as well, painting him as someone that looks the other way and lets players skirt the rules.

NOBODY here disagreed with TMs removal from the team, and I myself said I was glad he was off the team.

Steve went on to claim TM was a cancer in the locker room, when there was nothing to back that up.

All I can say is if you're going to make statements like that about LSU players, coaches, commits, or recruits, back it up with some substance. That's all.

Moving on...

Steve went on to claim TM was a cancer in the locker room, when there was nothing to back that up.

But at the end of the day, 3 of TM7's locker room mates got snared in the same sting/bust. Out of all of those players, who is most likely to have been looked upon by the others as the "leader" of the group? If the answer is TM7, then I think it is more than obvious that Steve was right.

This is a discussion board. Should people - especially the "founding 100" members - not be allowed to express their opinions and hunches?

Edited by LSUGradin99

This is a discussion board. Should people - especially the "founding 100" members - not be allowed to express their opinions and hunches?

I just noticed that you are in Annapolis? Do you work at the USNA?

Edited by COTiger

But at the end of the day, 3 of TM7's locker room mates got snared in the same sting/bust. Out of all of those players, who is most likely to have been looked upon by the others as the "leader" of the group? If the answer is TM7, then I think it is more than obvious that Steve was right.

Good grief Herb.

Derrick Bryant, Karnell Hatcher, Jordan Jefferson, all in the program TWO FULL YEARS prior to TM7's arrival at LSU. You really think he was the ring leader? Derrick Bryant was the one in possession of with intent to distribute, not TM7. I'd say he appears to have been the ring leader in this escapade. All of them are knuckleheads, TM7 included.

The point is, and always has been, that...no...you can't go making declaritive statements like that regarding LSU players, coaches, commits, or recruits here. It has nothing to do with founding members. It has to do with ethics. Not Tigalaya ethics. Just ethics.

Again though, is there some other crime or major thing that TM7 did that got him relieved of his playing days at LSU besides failing a drug test? 3 months after the fact, still not one word or any sort of documentation to that affect by anyone anywhere. So no, Steve was, in fact, NOT right about that. Neither me, Steve, or Herb have spent time in the LSU locker room with TM7 and others, so NONE of us 'know' if he was or wasn't a cancer in the locker room. FWIW, the only thing anybody did when he said that is point out reasons they didn't think he was. Steve never came out and said without question that he was a cancer in the locker room, it was just offered as an opinion. And opposing opinions were offered in retort. Nobody 'jumped on Steve' or told him he couldn't post anything he was posting. There were quite a few that disagreed with his opinion though, and retorted with their own.

Edited by LSUGradin99

I was under the assumption that anyone can say anything they want about anything or anyone. Is this not true?

sure they can. and people can reply back, or ask that statements be backed or have their own statements be requested to be backed with evidence. within reason of civility, of course.

it is my personal opinion that men just like to argue. something in y'all's dna. but that is just my opinion because if i state it as fact, your avatar might pummel me into the ground. he's kinda scary.

Edited by OkieTigerTK

I was under the assumption that anyone can say anything they want about anything or anyone. Is this not true?

Everyone except for Fish. We're putting him on double secret probation with Okie.

Everyone except for Fish. We're putting him on double secret probation with Okie.

am i still on that? damnit!

oops. i guess that just extended it.

sure they can. and people can reply back, or ask that statements be backed or have their own statements be requested to be backed with evidence. within reason of civility, of course.

it is my personal opinion that men just like to argue. something in y'all's dna. but that is just my opinion because if i state it as fact, your avatar might pummel me into the ground. he's kinda scary.

Be nice. I've done a very good job of behaving, in my eyes.

Be nice. I've done a very good job of behaving, in my eyes.

you have. but your avatar still looks like he will kill me if im not nice.

so i'll be nice. im smiling. :) see, nice.

See ya...wouldn't wanna be ya.

Lesson for coaches? Zero tolerance. Get caught and you're gone pronto and forever.

This... I am so tired of coaches and admins saying that they are young men that need a second chance. Nip it in the bud. One strike and your out. Otherwise the Thug mentality thrives. It ticked me off so much today when ESPN pundits were debating did it hurt TM7s NFL career. We have to collectively as fans, advertisers, etc., no longer support this behavior.

Rant is over now. Geaux Tigers.

it is my personal opinion that men just like to argue. something in y'all's dna.

whoa now. I believe women have that gene as well.