Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerEmcee

Mexican Coke

17 posts in this topic

I got some today at Home Depot at Highland and I-10. There's a lot of hype around it but I couldn't really tell the difference. Although I do like the glass bottle.

It's everywhere here. Real sugar instead of HFCS. I haven't tried any yet, but yes the glass bottle is nice.

Watch for Kosher Coca Cola - it's made at this time of year for a couple of months for Passover. The Kosher coke has real sugar instead of HFCS. It may have the yellow banner as shown below or it may have a yellow cap - or both! Here's a link about it:

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/13/its-time-to-stock-up-on-hfcs-free-kosher-for-passover-coke-pepsi/

koshercoke.png

I've been drinking Mexican Coke over the past couple of weeks. I had a 'merican Coke today and whoa, it tasted weird.

In TX, HEB is a big grocery chain that started in San Antonio and it has lots of ethnic food items.  I tried their HEB brand coke with cane sugar, and WOW it was good, like coke (the other one) its addictive.  I only saw it at a giant HEB, its not at my local one (sorry Dachsie); I'm glad I haven't seen it again, I don't need any extra weight.

I like it when Mr. Coke and Mr. Beam get together.  You know like a nice, crisp cool evening whey say you don't have work the next day   :)  Its 500 somewherel

Edited by Hatchertiger
Herb likes this

In TX, HEB is a big grocery chain that started in San Antonio and it has lots of ethnic food items.  I tried their HEB brand coke with cane sugar, and WOW it was good, like coke (the other one) its addictive.  I only saw it at a giant HEB, its not at my local one (sorry Dachsie); I'm glad I haven't seen it again, I don't need any extra weight.

Tis ok. I can't drink sodas anymore anyway

Tis ok. I can't drink sodas anymore anyway

i have cut way back on coke.  even diet.  i used to guzzle diet dr pepper, now i just have one every now and then.  and i do splurge and dip into my abita root beer stash (have to smuggle that stuff back with me) every now and then.  but now it is more coffee, tea, or water.  been drinking a lot of hot herbal tea lately.

In Tx area, Torchy's Taco has it on the fountain drinks. On tap.

Plus, get the Queso, you can thank me later.

houtiger likes this

It's not the Mexican variety but a place here, Judice Inn, serves Coke in a bottle and without question it tastes better than Coke from a can.  I's probably the only time I'll drink a soft drink /  soda.

Northshore Mom likes this

On 7/27/2017 at 7:45 AM, Hatchertiger said:

It's not the Mexican variety but a place here, Judice Inn, serves Coke in a bottle and without question it tastes better than Coke from a can.  I's probably the only time I'll drink a soft drink /  soda.

My mom grew up in Lafayette.  Back in the 50's she wasn't allowed to go to Judice Inn, it was way out of town and "ruffians" hung out there.  My dad used to take her on dates without mawmaw and PawPaw knowing.  LOL

LSUDad likes this

8 minutes ago, Northshore Mom said:

Back in the 50's she wasn't allowed to go to Judice Inn, it was way out of town and "ruffians" hung out there.

That's funny because it is right in the middle of the city now! Still a few ruffians around though.

Northshore Mom and LSUDad like this

30 minutes ago, Northshore Mom said:

My mom grew up in Lafayette.  Back in the 50's she wasn't allowed to go to Judice Inn, it was way out of town and "ruffians" hung out there.  My dad used to take her on dates without mawmaw and PawPaw knowing.  LOL

My best friend wanted to date this girl, her parents wouldn't let him date her. But they allowed me to date her, I'd pick her up, then go get my date, then we had a double date. The things I did.