Nutriaitch

I have a new family member now!!

What  a cute kid - and, of course, a GREAT name....

I wish you many years with your new best buddy!

absolutely stoked.

very loving and curious so far. still real nervous and unsure of some things, but getting a little better about that already.

I can't wait until the boys get home to meet him.

ever since Wally (anyone notice a trend in my pet naming?) passed, there has been a void around here.

Wally was possibly the best dog in the history of dogs, so he will never truly be replaced.

which is why i waited so long to get another one.

but after reading about this dog, and talking to the previous owner, this seems to be the right candidate to step up and fill those shoes.

he's about 12 weeks old, which eerily puts him being born roughly around the time Wally passed.

so maybe this pooch was meant to be.

Maybe Wally pulled some strings to bring us together.

his momma is a registered lab.

being at least part lab was an absolute minimum requirement for me. i've always had labs going back to my dad's dog before I was born.

his dad is a pure Catahoula.

the moment I found out about him, I began doing as much research as I could on that particular combo.

and honestly, I haven't found a bad review yet.

he should grow to be about the same size as my Wally was.

should be phenomenal with kids.

and both dog types are notoriously loyal, loving family members.

i agree with nsm.  very expressive face!  i'm glad you have the pitter patter of little paws around again.  congrats on the new addition!

i agree with nsm.  very expressive face!  i'm glad you have the pitter patter of little paws around again.  congrats on the new addition!

me too.

there is nothing in this world like good dog.

too bad my son's won't be here til this evening sometime

I'm getting antsy here wanting to see their faces when they meet him.

and if he's anywhere near as receptive to them as he was to us, short kid will have a new best friend.

You can see that he has "love and wants to please" in his eyes and will be a good one. 

Congrats on your new family member, he is a cutie!

Yep - his face says, "Just tell me what to do and I'll take care of you!" Can't get over how sweet he looks!

the boys are home!

best surprise ever.

Him and short kid spent a good half hour or so running around the back yard chasing each other and playing ball.

short kid has already proclaimed that Mikie is sleeping in his room.

forgot about the joys of housebreaking a dog.

this lil thing pisses more than any creature i've ever seen.

the boys are home!

best surprise ever.

Him and short kid spent a good half hour or so running around the back yard chasing each other and playing ball.

short kid has already proclaimed that Mikie is sleeping in his room.

hopefully they will wear each other out!  

forgot about the joys of housebreaking a dog.

this lil thing pisses more than any creature i've ever seen.

ahhhhh.... the joys of puppyhood.  have fun.

Mikie had a brush with death today.

got loose in front yard (backyard is fenced in). ran around like a fool and into the highway.

got clipped pretty good by a truck.

emergency visit to a vet we've never been to before, but they stepped up and were GREAT with him.

has a slight separation of his hip, no broken bones, and no internal bleeding.

strict cage rest for 2-3 weeks. only goes outside for bathroom breaks and always on a leash.

you can tell he's not feeling well, but seems to be handling the pain ok.

pretty much every kid in the neighborhood was there and saw it.

short kid is pretty shook up about it and worrying about his buddy (short kid was also really close to Wally).

hoping for a full recovery, because house ain't the same without him tormenting the cats.

and yes the cats seem to know they got free run of the place right now.

went out for a walk this morning. did his business and back to bed.

he's definitely hurting, but looks like he's feeling a little better today than yesterday.

hopefully he learns from this and doesn't run through the highway anymore.

also pretty sure this got the attention of all the neighborhood kids.

from what I hear it left an impression on a few of them.

Mikie had a brush with death today.

got loose in front yard (backyard is fenced in). ran around like a fool and into the highway.

got clipped pretty good by a truck.

emergency visit to a vet we've never been to before, but they stepped up and were GREAT with him.

has a slight separation of his hip, no broken bones, and no internal bleeding.

strict cage rest for 2-3 weeks. only goes outside for bathroom breaks and always on a leash.

you can tell he's not feeling well, but seems to be handling the pain ok.

pretty much every kid in the neighborhood was there and saw it.

short kid is pretty shook up about it and worrying about his buddy (short kid was also really close to Wally).

hoping for a full recovery, because house ain't the same without him tormenting the cats.

and yes the cats seem to know they got free run of the place right now.

Holy crap, that's what happened to Clyde Christmas morning, man!  Doc says his hip was all the way dislocated, then he had a very bad cut on his heel/pad, but the separated hip is the worst thing.  He's gonna stay at the vet until Friday or so.  Hope Mikie gets back to tormenting the felines soon.

Holy crap, that's what happened to Clyde Christmas morning, man!  Doc says his hip was all the way dislocated, then he had a very bad cut on his heel/pad, but the separated hip is the worst thing.  He's gonna stay at the vet until Friday or so.  Hope Mikie gets back to tormenting the felines soon.

I just saw that on FB late last night...so soory for Clyde (and your boys). 

as soon as i read nootch's post i thought about clyde.  think i'll go check the locks on my gates.  

hope everyone's fur babies heal quick and are back on their paws soon.

Last night when I saw him, he was in his cage and obviously not well.

he would only half ass attempt to get up then just lay back down and sigh deeply.

short kid spent most of the evening actually in that kennel with him just sitting there petting him.

that was a tough site to see considering them two normally have more energy and batshyt craziness than the rest of the world combined.

this evening when I got home, I went to his cage and opened the door. he got up and came right out.

very gingerly, but he came out. I took him for a brief walk to see if we would use the bathroom.

he's got a really rough looking limp, but he made it up and down our steps without help, then went back and li down again.

short kid now has the flu and does nothing but lay balled up under the covers while wearing his hoody and sweat pants.

this is a kid who goes shirtless and barefoot outside even if there's ice on the ground. he normally has his A/C cracked back, but now if he gets out of bed its to curl up in front of a heater.

it's kinda depressing to see that pair who normally breathe so much life and enthusiasm into this house like this.

it's eerily quiet.

hoping both get better soon, because things just ain't the same with them like this.

that and these goddam cats think they own the place now.

limp looks better today.

last night, he looked like a 95year old man who lost his wheelchair.

tonight he looks like i do after a long day on my feet/ankles