Nutriaitch

I have a new family member now!!

anyone that would take a dog to the pound instead of at least finding a rescue group to foster it until a forever family could be found, doesnt deserve a dog.

glad she ended up with y'all nootch.  pretty thing.  have a feeling she's gonna do quite well with y'all.

anyone that would take a dog to the pound instead of at least finding a rescue group to foster it until a forever family could be found, doesnt deserve a dog.

glad she ended up with y'all nootch.  pretty thing.  have a feeling she's gonna do quite well with y'all.

her and Mikie have been best friends since they moved in several months ago.

in fact the reason Mikie got hit by a truck is because he escaped to go see her and show off in front of her.

she's not registered, but is allegedly a pure lab.

she's adapting well so far. Mike is on cloud 9.

the cats absolutely hate it (which is the best part of the whole deal).

She couldn't have found a better home!

Mikie should be happy - - - live in girlfriend? How convenient.

Good for you, good for her, good for everyone!

she's not too sure what to do with herself.

next door, she stayed in a kennel whenever she was inside, and on a runner when she was outside.

here, the kennel is only for bed time (until she's better housebroken) so she free to roam the entire house, and with my fenced in back yard, no runner necessary. just run buck wild and free back there.

oh and did I mention the cats HATE this?

they finally got Mikie to sorta leave them alone, and now another big active dog is in the house wanting to play.

She's a looker!  Beautiful dog.  I gotta tell you...I had a chocolate with papers once.  Dog was insane and very aggressive.  I can see in her eyes she's a sweet heart, so papers aren't what's important.  Best dog I ever had was Jake, who I had when I first met most of y'all.  Golden Retriever mix, no vet could even tell me he wasn't pure golden, but I KNOW he wasn't.  He was a golden mix that just happened to look exactly like a golden, and had a nose that could literally find a thrown ROCK under WATER and retrieve it, or cover his eyes and throw a stick into a pile of sticks, he's bring back that stick within 20 seconds not even knowing where you threw it.  He'd fetch forever. Most importantly, I'll never forget this.  We have a large yard, but no fence.  When Big J was little, like 2, he was out front while I was working on something.  He wasn't anywhere near the road yet, but was slowly heading that way.  Jake walked up and in front of him, turned sideways blocking his progress, and barked to get my attention.  Big J tried to go around, Jake moved with him and continued to block him from going towards the road until I got there.  He was the most gentle dog with the kids and anyone he knew, but was fiercely loyal and would defend that yard from anyone or anything he knew didn't belong.  He lived with us 13 years, was our first son, IMO.  Clyde and those since Jake have brought happiness, but I can't imagine I'll ever have a better best friend than Jake.  
RIP Jake 1996-2009

Edited by Fishhead

im with fish on papers dont matter.  5 of my 6 weims have been show or ex show dogs, and my 6th a rescue.  probably puppy mill and no way she is not full weim.  not just her looks, every single one of her character traits scream weim.  and is no less a weim in unconditional love and loyalty than any weim i have had.  i think probably more affectionate in that her first 15 months were what a dog should not have, and weims being dogs that have to be close to their people (they dont make good outside dogs at all!) is even more attached than the others were, and that is saying a lot.

as long as she is loving and grateful for her home and a good family member, which you can see in those eyes she knows she is finally home,that is all that is important.

i am waiting or the stories of how happy she is in her forever home.  :)

took her all of about 30minutes to make herself at home.

hopped up on the couch and laid her head on my lap.

she already knew all of us because we hung out with the couple next door fairly regularly.

her and short kid were already friends due to him always being with the kid next door.

and of course her and Mikie love each other like you wouldn't beleive.

we still need to work with her house training since she never really had free roam in a house before, but she's not bad with it so far.

oh, and you can't pet one without the other.

and not sure what I'm going to do once she's fully house broken and no longer needs to sleep in the kennel.

Mikie already takes up half my damn bed every night, and I'm sure she's going to claim a spot in there somewhere too.

I feel bad she was kept on a runner.  

Reminds me of the way people in Georgia would treat their deer hunting dogs.  The cages in the back of the pickup trucks for the hunting dogs weren't tall enough for them to stand up...that way they wouldn't pee in the bed of the pickup.  You'd see emaciated, abandoned hunting dogs on the side of the road as you drove by.  The dogs wouldn't come to strangers and their owners did not give a ph^ck about the individual dogs so they were left to starve to death if the dogs didn't make their way back to the prized pickup by the time the owner was ready to leave after the hunt.

Anyway, Nootch, she looks like a great dog and I am glad to know she's in your hands instead of a neglectful owner (not saying your neighbor was, just glad she's with you instead of at a shelter where she'd be exposed to the lottery of good owner, bad owner, or euthanasia).

Edited by Herb

Mikie already takes up half my damn bed every night, and I'm sure she's going to claim a spot in there somewhere too.

Then it will be welcome to my world. Two weims in the bed that think they have to sleep as close to me as possible.

have fun claiming blankets in the winter

Edited by OkieTigerTK

Reminds me of the way people in Georgia would treat their deer hunting dogs.  The cages in the back of the pickup trucks for the hunting dogs weren't tall enough for them to stand up...that way they wouldn't pee in the bed of the pickup.  You'd see emaciated, abandoned hunting dogs on the side of the road as you drove by.  The dogs wouldn't come to strangers and their owners did not give a ph^ck about the individual dogs so they were left to starve to death if the dogs didn't make their way back to the prized pickup by the time the owner was ready to leave after the hunt.

Saddening. Saw this on local news yesterday:

http://www.wafb.com/clip/11276704/hokies-hounds-gives-beagles-a-second-chance

so i decided to light up a fire last night. 

beer, marshmallows, etc. 

wife and both kids all happy think it's a great idea. 

about 30 minutes after it's lit, they start trickling inside because of mosquitos or whatever. 

but Mikie hung tough and stayed out with me until the beer was done. 

C1E2E704-6CF2-4C51-8CC5-D1A0DB4C49E9_zps

On 3/21/2015 at 0:41 PM, Nutriaitch said:

Mikie has made a full recovery and is back to his really active semi-retarded self.

and now as of last night, he has a live-in girlfriend!

our next door neighbors are going through a divorce and neither could keep her.

they said if they didn't find a place for her by tuesday she was going to the pound.

So everyone please welcome Nola to the Nootch Clan

Nola_zps784fvaiv.jpg

just reading through this and realized i haven't updated on Nola in a while. 

having two two big dogs in this house got to be just too much. and i'm not gonna put a dog permanently outside. 

so she moved in with my sister earlier this year.  she took a trip to New Mexico with them and chased ducks across a pond several times a day.  and would come over to visit mikie on a semi regular basis  

when Kara got sick and they weren't home for a couple months, she moved back in with us until we could find her a permanent home. 

she now lives with a single late 20s feller north of the lake who has a few acres of land and some live stock. dude has a job that has him travel the region fairly regular and was looking for a "co-pilot".  no kids, but young nieces and nephews.

checked on them a few times and he's sent pics. she is living in absolute luxury now. big house, huge land to play and sits in front seat anywhere he goes. every pic she seems to be smiling from ear to ear. even soaking wet after a few laps in his pond. 

crazy thing is is when she left that day, her and Mikie seemed to know it was the last time. they rubbed each other's heads and just kinda muzzled a lil bit before she left. 

happy but heart breaking at same time.  hard to give one up, even when what is right.  but that she is living the good life, that is wonderful.

so late yesterday, we get a phone call from the local animal shelter to say we've been approved to rescue this guy:

tFhvkVR.jpg

that would be "Flynn". a 2 month old lab-mix. myself and animal shelter both think it's likely hes mixed with at least some Catahoula due to markings.
which would make him the same mix as Mikie.

Flynn comes home on Monday afternoon.

him and Mikie haven't met yet.
but we did at least tell Mikie it was happening.

he looked a bit nervous immediately after telling him he was gonna have a lil brother

RwoRiYc.jpg

and, Flynn is home!!

i was the last one to meet him. saw him in person for first time when we went pick him up today.
they brought him from the back, and kinda shyly walked through the crowd then kinda ran toward short kid.
picked out the three of us there quick. and was excited to get in the truck with us.

Mikie was a little skittish, but accepted him pretty quick.

they have already traded beds and toys.
which is hilarious to see 80# Mikie in Flynn's lil bed with that lil bone we bought him.
while 20# Flynn has this massive down bed and a bone twice his size to chew on.

rVqQ4OU.jpg

so yesterday we too Flynn to the Pet Store to pick out his own toy. 

while there, we saw a Chow pup. about twice the size of Flynn. 

Flynn bowed up to him growling, barking, etc. Bu sheer timing coincidence this was as the Chow was leaving. 

Apparently this lil [poop] thinks the dog left because he is a badass that scared him off. 

Because now Johnny Badass here is tauting Mikie now stop. and i think it’s bugging his ego that Mikie has just put him in ignore. 

less than a week together and they acting just like brothers. lol