houtiger

The Topic About Anything [2014 - present]

how can you not get puppyitis from this?  momma weim is velvet.  from the show breeder where all my weims but my rescue have come from.  (this litter was born on christmas eve.)

1226-1231_zpsb134aaba.jpg

Mrs. hou and I are going to one of the best authentic Thai restaurants in town tonight.  I just found out about it and ate there a couple of weeks ago, can't wait to get back.  It's "The Thai Restaurant" on Westheimer (where else!), up near the 610 loop.  Going early, will catch the end of the Saints game.  Keep the lid on boogsies!

Mrs. hou and I are going to one of the best authentic Thai restaurants in town tonight.  I just found out about it and ate there a couple of weeks ago, can't wait to get back.  It's "The Thai Restaurant" on Westheimer (where else!), up near the 610 loop.  Going early, will catch the end of the Saints game.  Keep the lid on boogsies!

I'll have to look for that next time I come to Houston

Got U-verse installed today for internet, way faster than DSL.  Happy.  U-verse TV is not available on my end of the neighborhood.

Really?

He said church officials at first failed even to recognize that child sex abuse was a serious crime. But he said there were no cover-ups, even in cases where accused priests may have been only reassigned.

"It was just they didn't realize that it was such a terrible thing, and so I think they did relocate people, but it was not intended as a way of covering up things," he said.

All of this reverse psychology stuff is really confusing me but if it works, I am all for it.  LOL

Went to go get some new eyeglasses today.  I didnt see a whole lot that I liked, but I got some purple frames with a little bling on it.  Said I would be sporting my LSU glasses around town.  :smiley-happy088:

2BR house made out of two shipping containers welded together:

http://seacontainercabin.blogspot.com/

interesting concept.  i would do one thing tho, even though it would really raise the price.  i would dig down deep for a concrete foundation instead of what looked like cinder block pilings.  then i would use heavy and huge specialty made screws (think like long pieces of thick rebar) to anchor the containers into the foundation, and then do the dirt back fill.  i would do the backfill on two sides - west and south, since tornados most often come from the south, west, or southwest.  above ground f5 safe rooms are made with special anchors setting a double walled f5 resistant steel saferoom into a deep concrete slab.  with the added back fill, it is a natural berm for a tornado to travel over.  (I would also build an additional concrete/rebar filled cinderblock saferoom in the berm itself with a ventilation pipe.)  it would add a lot to cost, but in tornado alley, would be well worth the expense.  put an 5f resistant triple deadbold steel door on it and you also have a very well protected wine cellar/walk in gun safe. take your pick.  :D