houtiger

The Topic About Anything [2014 - present]

I was helping a buddy installing the new shocks, mud tires, and some LED lights on his Jeep project when his brother came with his new Tesla Model 3. It is just an amazing electric car but lots of people like me are hesitant with auto pilot.

10 hours ago, GomerR said:

I was helping a buddy installing the new shocks, mud tires, and some LED lights on his Jeep project when his brother came with his new Tesla Model 3. It is just an amazing electric car but lots of people like me are hesitant with auto pilot.

My son (34) put a $1K to hold his queue position for a Tesla 3.  He comes up some time in 2018.  He bought a Jetta to keep for 2 years to span him over to the Tesla.  He's an electrical engineer, so he wants an electric car.

9 hours ago, houtiger said:

My son (34) put a $1K to hold his queue position for a Tesla 3.  He comes up some time in 2018.  He bought a Jetta to keep for 2 years to span him over to the Tesla.  He's an electrical engineer, so he wants an electric car.

It must be exciting for him.

I am so happy to announce  I have found a job on the Northshore and my start date is December 4th. Goodbye Causeway commute!!!

The job I am leaving morphed into a position that had me on call 24/7. My holidays and vacations were interrupted.  I cringed every time a text message would pop up.  The emails were nonstop.  

At first, I believed I just made a bad decision.  Now, I know  God placed me there for a reason, and I am so glad I was there

Since turning in my resignation, my stress level is dropping, my faith is stronger and looking forward to this new journey.

Please keep your faith, prayers for all!

21 minutes ago, Northshore Mom said:

I am so happy to announce  I have found a job on the Northshore and my start date is December 4th. Goodbye Causeway commute!!!

The job I am leaving morphed into a position that had me on call 24/7. My holidays and vacations were interrupted.  I cringed every time a text message would pop up.  The emails were nonstop.  

At first, I believed I just made a bad decision.  Now, I know  God placed me there for a reason, and I am so glad I was there

Since turning in my resignation, my stress level is dropping, my faith is stronger and looking forward to this new journey.

Please keep your faith, prayers for all!

Great news :smiley-happy088: And I concur, God has a plan +

1 hour ago, Northshore Mom said:

Congratulations, I am happy for you!  I retired at 61.  I could have continued easily, in a good paying job.  I have a couple of health issues that cause chronic fatigue and aches, and combined with annual layoffs as the IBM mainframe market declined, life was tiring, frustrating and depressing.  I thought I could make in retirement most of what I made working, by investing my 401-K and other savings.  It has worked out as I planned, now I work for myself as my own mutual fund manager.  I usually consider my work day from 8 am to noon, but I have total flexibility.  My stress level is way down, I am happier, and I think the reduction in stress will extend my life by a few years.  It is good to try and take care of yourself.

somebody just [censored] shoot me. 

preferably in the skull. right behind the ear. 

So far have gotten 3-4 inches of snow and its still falling.  So pretty.  Fun watching everyone post them on facebook

Happy Fri-yay!  I started my new job two weeks ago.  I ran into 6 people I have worked with before. Everyone is nice and I am enjoying what I do.

It’s been a busy two weeks.   Can’t believe Christmas is 10 days away, haven’t  started shopping either.

Next Friday, I’m driving to Shreveport to pick up my mom and will return the next day.

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and for those with little ones, enjoy watching the magic of Christmas through their eyes.  I miss those days .  

I fly to AZ in 5 days and have so much to do between now and then. I have to pack up my living room so it can get painted while I am gone. Going to The Woodlands tomorrow. Have 2 parties on Sunday and one on Tuesday nite. Ack!