Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
houtiger

Odell Beckham Jr. - Post LSU

11 posts in this topic

We all know by now that Odell had a GREAT rookie year with the New York Giants, after being their first round draft pick.

Now we see that Odell has tied an all-time record by a hall of fame receiver in his rookie season, quite an accomplishment.

Odell Beckham Jr. Ties Irvin's NFL Record
Dec 28, 2:16 PM

6_3329766.jpg(Photo: Brad Penner, USA TODAY Sports)

Forget rookie records. Odell Beckham Jr. has his eyes set on bigger things.

The Giants' star rookie wide receiver had his eighth catch to give him a total of 94 receiving yards in the third quarter of Sunday's game against the Eagles. That's his ninth game in a row with at least 90 receiving yards, which ties an NFL record held by Cowboys legend Michael Irvin. Irvin achieved the feat in 1995.

This is Beckham's final chance to convince voters he should bring home the offensive rookie of the year award. He now has 88 receptions for 1,229 yards and 11 touchdowns, and one-and-a-half quarters remain to put the finishing touches on his rookie campaign.

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Odell-Beckham-Jr-Ties-Irvins-NFL-Record-34178485

Edited by houtiger

There was a very laudatory thread on my AU site the other day about Odell. A great deal of respect for what he has done.  Maybe "in Awe" could replace the pedestrian term "respect".

watson18 likes this

We all know by now that Odell had a GREAT rookie year with the New York Giants, after being their first round draft pick.

Now we see that Odell has tied an all-time record by a hall of fame receiver in his rookie season, quite an accomplishment.

In only, what, 10 games?

In only, what, 10 games?

He missed the first 4 games of the season with a hamstring injury, so he will play 12 regular season games.

watson18 likes this

Fined twice in the final two weeks...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/02/odell-beckham-fined-for-second-straight-week/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Beckham was fined $10,000 after Week 16 for kicking at Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree after Ogletree hit him late to touch off a brawl between members of the two teams. This week, he heard from the league after removing his helmet on the field to protest a call.

Odell Beckham reveals at the pro bowl that he played all his rookie season with 2 (two) torn muscles in his legs. 

Jan. 26, 2015

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- If we needed another reason to marvel at Odell Beckham's rookie season in 2014, consider the news he dropped on Sunday night after a five-catch performance in the Pro Bowl: He played the whole year with a pair of muscle tears in his leg.

"I was never really fully healthy for the season anyways," Beckham said. "So, I was just trying to manage and maintain it the best I could all year."Beckham said the tears were sustained to his semitendinosus and bicep belly. The initial tear was suffered early in camp and the second happened a few weeks later when he tried to come back, the latter of which prolonged his comeback.

He said he'll need to shut himself down this offseason in order to enter next season in good shape, a process which begins immediately. He'll remain in Arizona to work on his recovery.

"It's still not right, I'm still working on it," Beckham said. "I'm trying to get it 100 percent for next year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000463375/article/odell-beckham-i-played-with-muscle-tears-in-leg

I expect he'll get healed up, and I can't wait to see what he does next year when he's 100%!

Odell Beckham Jr. made history on Wednesday when he became the first LSU player to ever make the cover of EA Sports Madden’s video game.

I wish he had been able to play a full season.

Then again, it almost adds to his burgeoning legend.

Now that Odell has a "body of work", here's his 10 best catches.  He's amazing!  You know what #1 is....

Herb likes this