Eq4bits

Tapatalk

30 posts in this topic

Just a heads up

I use tapatalk a LOT to access the site (I'm sure there are others as well).  However, lately the app has been crashing multiple times a day/multiple times per use (today i sent off over 15 crash reports).  Crash reports are auto sent to Tapatalk (but those are only for the iphone app end). I'm using the MOST RECENT d/l of the app for iPhone.  It's probable that the installation here at the forum needs to be upgraded/updated to the most recent/newest version. I know it hasn't been done in over 2 years because I was never able to gain access to the Tapatalk account when I was admin here. Just an FYI.

I do not use Tapatalk but now after the upgrade, I cannot get the desktop version on my phone and the mobile version is limited.  It sucks because my iphone is my only communication when i go to Louisiana

Edited by dachsie

It's probable that the installation here at the forum needs to be upgraded/updated to the most recent/newest version. I know it hasn't been done in over 2 years because I was never able to gain access to the Tapatalk account when I was admin here. Just an FYI.

Nope. the latest and greatest version of Tapatalk was installed the day of the site upgrade. Old version mobiquo folder was completely removed as part of the upgrade. Current version downloaded and installed from Tapatalk.

I do not use Tapatalk but now after the upgrade, I cannot get the desktop version on my phone and the mobile version is limited.  It sucks because my iphone is my only communication when i go to Louisiana

Not even sure what you are finding limited about the mobile version.....

As far as Tapatalk though, what you see is what you get. I can't control jack [poop] about that friggin software. Here's the admin settings I have available to me:

Tapatalk

• Tapatalk API Key
      Formerly known as Push Key. This key is now required for secure connection between your community and Tapatalk server. Features such as Push Notification and Single Sign-On requires this key to work.
    • In-App Registration
      On
      Verified Tapatalk users signed in from Facebook, Google or verified email address can register your forum natively in-app. Additional custom fields are also supported, althought we strongly recommend to keep the custom fields to absolute minimal to make registration easier on mobile.
    • Automatically Approve Verified Tapatalk Members
      On
    • Spam Prevention Required

• By enabling StopForumSpam integration, new user registration from Tapatalk app and/or from web will be screened with StopForumSpam database to prevent existing black-listed spammers.
  • User Group Assignment

• You can assign users registered with Tapatalk to specific secondary groups.
  • Disable Ads for Group

• This option will prevent Tapatalk from displaying advertisements. Users in the selected groups will not be served ads when using the Tapatalk app.
  • Tapatalk plugin directory

Never change it if you did not rename the Tapatalk plugin directory. And the default value is "mobiquo". If you renamed the Tapatalk plugin directory, you also need to update the same setting for this forum in tapatalk forum owner area.(http://tapatalk.com/landing.php)
  • Hide Forums

• Hide forums you don't want them to be listed in Tapatalk app.
  • Disable New Topic

• Prevent Tapatalk users to create new topic in the selected sub-forums. This feature is useful if certain forums requires additional topic fields or permission that Tapatalk does not support.
  • Thread Content Replacement (Advanced)

Ability to match and replace thread content using PHP preg_replace function(http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.preg-replace.php). E.g. "'pattern','replacement'" . You can define more than one replace rule on each line.
  • Mobile Welcome Screen
    On
    Tapatalk will show a one time welcoming screen to mobile users to download the free app, with a button to get the free app.
  • Mobile Web Deep Linking
    On
    Improve user experience by allowing your members to open the same thread in Tapatalk if they have Tapatalk already installed.
  • Facebook and Twitter Deep Linking
    On
    Allow your members to open the same thread in Tapatalk from your Facebook post / Twitter tweet

Must be buggy in the ipb version, I use it for other forums that are not IPB with nary a crash. Hopefully they'll suss out the bugs soon

In the mobile version I can only see the forum. I have top open the forum click on the topic I want and wade thru the multiple pages to get to the new posts.   In desk top I can click on the latest topic from forum page. 

I need a bigger iphone. Will be happening soon

In the mobile version I can only see the forum. I have top open the forum click on the topic I want and wade thru the multiple pages to get to the new posts.   In desk top I can click on the latest topic from forum page. 

I need a bigger iphone. Will be happening soon

That doesn't make a bit of sense. There are menu buttons to the top of the page. The purple star will take you to new content. Quick and easy. In fact, cannot be any easier. There magnifying glass allows you to search. Then square icon with the three vertical lines to the right of that opens the menu and allows you to navigate to any area of the site.  Are you not seeing all of this?

I just tried your purple star to look at the latest posts on the Evening meal and it brought me to the first post from 2010.  I like the desktop version better

I just tried your purple star to look at the latest posts on the Evening meal and it brought me to the first post from 2010.  I like the desktop version better

This is just me, but I've had no problems with the mobile version. It's better than the previous software's mobile version in nearly every way. I almost like it better than the desktop.

I really get frustrated with you sometimes. You mention an issue then when I try to help you totally don't give a darn and give up right away. Darn it!

Do you generally use the new content feature when you browse the forum from a computer (not a mobile device)? There are user selectable settings that determine what you a re shown. 

Edited by Greg

This is just me, but I've had no problems with the mobile version. It's better than the previous software's mobile version in nearly every way. I almost like it better than the desktop.

agree.  i dislike the overwhelming majority of mobile versions of web sites.  even my own tho not bad isnt ideal.  this is one of the best ones i have seen and the first. i actually enjoy using.

I really get frustrated with you sometimes. You mention an issue then when I try to help you totally don't give a darn and give up right away. Darn it!

Do you generally use the new content feature when you browse the forum from a computer (not a mobile device)? There are user selectable settings that determine what you a re shown. 

I don't think I have ever used the new content feature.  Sorry if I am frustrating.  I'm set in my ways I guess. :(

Ok, so did I do something wrong when I used the purple star?  I clicked on it and it showed me several posts, so I chose the evening meal one.  Then it gave me the first post.  How could I get it to show me the latest post?  Was there something else I should have clicked?

Edited by dachsie

I don't think I have ever used the new content feature.  Sorry if I am frustrating.  I'm set in my ways I guess. :(

Ok, so did I do something wrong when I used the purple star?  I clicked on it and it showed me several posts, so I chose the evening meal one.  Then it gave me the first post.  How could I get it to show me the latest post?  Was there something else I should have clicked?

The small purple or star icon to the left of the post titles will bring you to the first unread post.

Thats what I thought you said but it didnt so I will try it again in a little while.  Still have some unread posts I can check it on.

I dont want to aggravate you further, but when i hit the purple star just now, it brought me to Fish's first post on Friday in the Beat the dead horse topic.  So then I made sure I was signed in and I was, so i posted a test message to be sure

Dachsie, you *may* need to go into your settings and set parameters for new content ( I.e last visit, last 24 hrs, etc) also I'm assuming this is all 'cookie' based so it *may* be due to using 2 different devices/browsers (browser on computer & browser in phone)

Dachsie, you *may* need to go into your settings and set parameters for new content ( I.e last visit, last 24 hrs, etc) also I'm assuming this is all 'cookie' based so it *may* be due to using 2 different devices/browsers (browser on computer & browser in phone)

Good thought, but actually the settings are account/server based and follow a user from one device to another. No need to set it for each and every device.

I just found Tigalaya on Tapatalk, which I use for some other forums. I know I looked for it not long ago and didn't see it here. Was adding Tapatalk capability part of the new upgrade?

Or maybe I do recall... I dunno. Been so busy lately...

No it's been installed for at least 4 years. You *should* when u visit forum using browser on an iPhone or android device get a popup/notice that you can use Tapatalk.

I just found Tigalaya on Tapatalk, which I use for some other forums. I know I looked for it not long ago and didn't see it here. Was adding Tapatalk capability part of the new upgrade?

Or maybe I do recall... I dunno. Been so busy lately...

it always popped up asking me when i used the desktop version on my browser in the old software.

Well, maybe I was seeing it. I'm gettin' old.

I use Tapatalk for this and ndsu fourm as well and don't get all the new features with the site upgrade.
LSUfan71 likes this