Sign in to follow this  
Hatchertiger

LSU vs Miss State Game Topic

Another week, another step forward in the inaugural season of Coach Ed Oregeron. The Fighting Tigers of LSU take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs on Saturday September 16th in Stark Vegas. The game will be televised live on ESPN at 6:00 PM. The ESPN crew will consist of Joe Tessitore, Play-By-Play, Todd Blackledge, Analyst and Holy Rowe, Reporter. LSU Sports radio will counter with Chris Blair Play-By-Play, Doug Moreau Analyst and Gordy Rush Reporter. Both teams bring 2 – 0 records into the contest. Coach Dan Mullens hopes to add a “W” to his 1 – 7 record against LSU. The Tigers have a commanding lead in the series owning the Bulldogs 73-43-3.  The weather for Saturday night in Trailer Park calls for a low of 65 with a 10% chance of a stiff dew and light and variable winds.  Should be a great night for some college football! PREDICTION: LSU 31 Moo State 10

G E A U X !

Edited by Hatchertiger

Never been to a game in Starkville.  I'd imagine those damn cow bells must be more annoying than your wife yelling at you on the morning of your worst hangover.  I know the SEC is supposed to have some sort of rules to this, right?  Noise makers.  But what is really going on in there, because anyone can skirt the rules.  Are you allowed to just bring in your homemade cow bell?

I've told this story before...

Starkvegas, the land of opportunity, people get the opportunity, they move.

I good friend of mine coached there for one year, after a month there, his wife said, "We need to more!" My buddys reply, we have only been here a month. She came back with, "A month is too long here!" I got a call from him at the end of the season, he was fixing to leave for a job interview at another SEC school. He said his wife told him to take whatever they offered. He told me. "If they offer minimum wage, I'm working for minimum wage."  Now this was years back. But you get where I'm coming from.

People do know that Jimbo Fisher was offered the job at Mooville before Sy Croom got the job. Jimbo called a coach I know and asked him about the job, my friend said, its gonna be hard to fill a staff. The wives will hate the place. If you're offering me a job on the staff, I'll have to pass, cause I'd never get to coach a day there, my wife would kill me.

3 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Dee Anderson back at practice this week for the first time this fall:

That's real good news in my book.  I remember a couple of his catches last year, he came on late, and I thought he could help the team.  6' 6", big target.

5 minutes ago, VHSTiger said:

You seem to have connections with coaches at all levels.  Did you coach and if so at what level?

A few coaches in all levels. I've said this before, I know of no tighter fraternity, than coaching. You meet one, from there you move to another. I've been friends with a number since the 80's and 90's. And have met so many more. Been knowing Jimbo since the mid 90's. Before he made it to LSU, back when he was at Auburn. Most coaches will not turn in another coach, one day, you might have to work with that same guy.

Story time. When Nick was looking for a OL coach, in 2003, a friend called me and said that he had just got off the phone with Jimbo. He told me Nick was going to hire Stacy Searels. I sent a note to a radio guy in BTR, telling who was to be hired. There was a press conference the next morning, my friend asked Nick if he was hiring Stacy. He said Nick's face turned red, his veins were sticking out. He wanted to know where he got his information. My friend said, it was just a guess. From that day forward, Nick thought his phone was bugged.

11 hours ago, VHSTiger said:

If the SEC had a rule against that type of noisemaker, don't you think they would have taken action by now?  Then again, it's the SEC we're talking about.

There used to be a rule about artificial noise makers but it was rescinded a few years back; just read an article somewhere on the interwebz a couple of days ago but can't remember where nor what the details (year) were

1 hour ago, Eq4bits said:

There used to be a rule about artificial noise makers but it was rescinded a few years back; just read an article somewhere on the interwebz a couple of days ago but can't remember where nor what the details (year) were

13 hours ago, VHSTiger said:

If the SEC had a rule against that type of noisemaker, don't you think they would have taken action by now?  Then again, it's the SEC we're talking about.

Not sure if this is the latest and greatest...

http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=33809

DESTIN, Fla. -- The Southeastern Conference clarified its wording of the artificial noisemaker rule Friday, specifically known to Mississippi State fans as the cowbell compromise.  

The amendment voted upon at the league's annual meetings in Destin, Florida will now allow "the use of institutionally-controlled, computerized sound systems (including music), institutionally-controlled artificial noisemakers, and traditional institutional noisemakers at any time, except from the time the offensive center is over the football until the play is whistled dead" 

"This proposal will enhance the fan experience and provide institutions with the flexibility to appeal to their fans by the use of musical and institutionally-controlled noise," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said via a written statement Friday.  

Under the previous rule, the policy allowed fans to ring a cowbell only during pregame, halftime, between quarters, timeouts, after scoring plays and during possession changes.  

Well at least they are prohibited to take into *other* stadiums and supposedly fined if they clang them at specific times.

Fried ersters and shrimps in ma belly; not your fathers root beer super chilled and ready to pop a top shortly before kickoff.

listening to pre-game and already had a big altercation on field with cowbells during warm ups (players still in shorts & tees)

5 minutes ago, Northshore Mom said:

Sick of cow bells.  A-hole neighbor has been shaking one all afternoon

Open Carry State Mom.  =)