Sign in to follow this  
Hatchertiger

Frank Herron Status

I can't seam to find a definitive answer about his status. You hear eligibility issues, suspended and injured.  Don't believe Orgeron has squarely addressed why he isn't playing:

Other observations from practice

• Defensive end Frank Herron, dealing with what appears to be an eligibility issue, returned to practice after missing Tuesday's drills. Herron's status is unclear, and he has missed a handful of practices this fall. He did not travel with the team for the season opener and did not dress out for the home opener last week.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4e432d5e-98cf-11e7-a4e6-375dbf4adf45.html

Hint: Graduated in August of 2017 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies.

You wonder when, if ever, they will grow up. Most are headed to the biggest interview of their life. I was talking with a college coach one time. He had just finished talking with an NFL team asking about a couple players. The NFL team sent a Private Investigator to a town, checking on a couple SEC players. After a week, the PI said, he knew where the kid was every day, what he did and that the kid couldn't find his classrooms if his life depended on it. The people with the NFL team said, there wasn't any way they would draft the kid. Too many red flags.

From the Movie, North Dallas Forty:

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. And every time I call it a business, you call it a game."

37 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

From the Movie, North Dallas Forty:

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. And every time I call it a business, you call it a game."

One of my favorite movies - though a bit dated. A real eye-opener at the time it came out.

I wouldn't worry about who's not playing, worry about who is. Two guys need to get their $hit together, one won't. Time to move on. If they don't want to play by the rules. Pull for the Tigers and lets GEAUX TIGERS, Beat MooU.

Not looking good:

Q. Are we any closer to seeing Frank Herron play, and I guess why not travel Justin Thomas this weekend?
ED ORGERON: Let me say this to you, okay: I'm not going to talk about that every week, okay. That's it. And with Justin Thomas, it was just because of the travel limits.

Ed Orgeron: LSU RB Derrius Guice to miss Syracuse game; DE Frank Herron to return against Auburn

•  
  •  
  •  

lsumissst.091717 HS 359.JPG

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron takes the field with his players before kickoff against Mississippi State, Saturday, September 16, 2017, at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field in Starkville, Ms.

Advocate staff photo by HILARY SCHEINUK

Derrius Guice is a no go, but Frank Herron's return date is set. 

LSU will be missing its star junior running back in Saturday's game against Syracuse, coach Ed Orgeron said Wednesday on his radio call-in show. Meanwhile, Herron, a fifth-year senior who's missed the first three games, is expected to return for the game against Auburn on Oct. 14.

Guice is recovering from what appears to be a left knee injury he suffered late in the third quarter of the loss to Mississippi State last weekend. He's missed the first three days of practice this week. 

"He will not play this week, but he is getting better," Orgeron said of Guice. 

Herron's absence — presumed to be an eligibility/suspension issue — has been shrouded in secrecy, but it will soon end, Orgeron said.

Toby Weathersby is fine with running.

"Frank Herron, in a couple of weeks, should be ready to go," the coach said Wednesday from his radio show at TJ Ribs restaurant in Baton Rouge. 

He confirmed after the show that Herron will return against Auburn. 

Herron is currently "not eligible," Orgeron said earlier Wednesday during the show. LSU hosts the Orange on Saturday before meeting Troy in Tiger Stadium. The Tigers then start a torrid stretch of seven straight SEC games, beginning with a trip to Florida followed before that game against Auburn.

The game against Auburn is Game 7 of LSU's season, signaling that Herron's suspension was for half of the season. Orgeron has said in the past that he does not announce or comment on suspensions. 

Herron can't be in football shape.  He'll help some against Auburn but not as much as if he'd been playing.  Key looks like he's not in football shape yet.  They'll get better week by week, but sitting out that long hurts.

Last year Kristian Fulton played in a few games, he too has been held out. Kids need to figure out life.

LSU safety Ed Paris out for the year with knee injury, Ed Orgeron says

Updated on September 25, 2017 at 1:01 PMPosted on September 25, 2017 at 12:32 PM
LSU safety Ed Paris (21), right, looks on from the sideline before the Tigers take on the Syracuse in Baton Rouge on Saturday, September 23, 2017. (Photo by Brett Duke, Nola.com | The Times-Picayune)
LSU safety Ed Paris (21), right, looks on from the sideline before the Tigers take on the Syracuse in Baton Rouge on Saturday, September 23, 2017. (Photo by Brett Duke, Nola.com | The Times-Picayune)

LSU senior safety Ed Paris will miss the remainder of the season with a knee injury, Ed Orgeron said on Monday. 

"He's going to be out for the season," Orgeron said. "He underwent an operation. Hopefully we can redshirt him and get him back for next year."

Paris only played in three games this season and should qualify for a medical hardship waiver and get another year to play. 

Paris injured his knee last week in practice on a field goal block situation in what Orgeron originally called a "freak accident." 

In three games this season, Paris had eight tackles and four pass breakups. 

Orgeron singled out Eric Monroe as a player that has to play more in Paris' absence. 

"There's a lot of guys we have to check out there but Eric Monroe would be the guy right now," Orgeron said. 

Several LSU defensive backs showed their support for Paris in LSU's game against Syracuse. 

Junior safety John Battle had "ED!" written on his wrist tape, Monroe had "21 ED" on his arm sleeve, while junior cornerback Kevin Toliver had "#21" on his wrist. Cornerback Greedy Williams, who made a first quarter interception against the Orange also had "21" written on his wrist. 

Ed was just starting to get it. Watching him this year, the light had clicked on, he was playing better than ever. Should Red-Shirt, have a final year.