Sign in to follow this  
Northshore Mom

Las Vegas Shooting

Waking up to horrible news in Las Vegas Mass shooting at Harvest Festival, over 50 dead, 200 plus injured.  Including law enforcement officers

shooter identified as Steven Paddock, born in 1953

prayers for victims and their families

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940800/Las-Vegas-shooter-s-brother-says-family-dumbfounded.html

The brother of the Las Vegas shooter said that he was a normal guy who must have 'snapped' before carrying out the worst mass shooting in American history.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Eric Paddock said that 'something happened' to make his brother Stephen kill at least 50 people and injure 200.

Eric said that there was 'absolutely no indication he could do something like this' and said that Stephen had no political or religious affiliation.

He said: 'He was just a guy. Something happened, he snapped or something'.

I listened to a YouTube video of the first 20 minutes of police radio traffic. I was very impressed by how calm dispatch and officers were. You know it's a bad situation when a supervisor comes on and basically says, "Everyone stop giving locations of the wounded, we need to deal with the shooter first." This incident is going to be studied for many years in law enforcement training.

I'm also very puzzled that there's still no known motive (at least publicly).