Sign in to follow this  
Nutriaitch

SEC coaching changes

21 minutes ago, houtiger said:

2 quotes from an FSU board:

1. Don't blame Jimbo for going for a change of scenery, even if I think it is a huge mistake for him. But he showed his ass with how he held the school hostage again and again, and then basically tanked this season while negotiating with aTm the whole damn time. Way to go out on a high note. 

But seriously, what a blessing for FSU to get out of the crap deal the admin made! We don't even have to pay the crap assistant coaches Jimbo hired and retained!

2. Jimbo has serious character flaws. But, I agree, for the first 7 years he lived what he said and did. I also think he was nothing short of excellent as an OC for two years. I will give him the credit that he is due .... he won 75% of his games here, he dominated UF and Miami and that is amazing considering that, when he started, Urban was naming the score he wanted again us. He won the 13 NC and got to the playoffs in 14. He recruited like a machine and like Bobby in his heyday.

Having said all that, I can't want for a change, not because I'm spoiled, but because Jimbo's flaws manifested themselves and the players no longer respected or listened to him. His offense is too slow and complicated and he didn't want to upgrade his staff which is part of the job.

fans saying something negative about a guy that just dumped them for someone else?
how unusual.

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

2 quotes from an FSU board, everyone hates the former head coach after he dumps them.  Really wonder about 7.5 mil for 10 years by A&M, for a 6-6 coach this year.  Yes, he lost his starter for the season, but he was supposed to be able to recruit QB's, and to be left without a decent backup is a cardinal sin.  I'm not sure he's worth that.  We'll see.  He has 1 nat. champ, but he had Jamis Winston, a Heisman winner.  Without Winston, not sure JF is worth 7.5 mil a year.

1. Don't blame Jimbo for going for a change of scenery, even if I think it is a huge mistake for him. But he showed his ass with how he held the school hostage again and again, and then basically tanked this season while negotiating with aTm the whole damn time. Way to go out on a high note. 

But seriously, what a blessing for FSU to get out of the crap deal the admin made! We don't even have to pay the crap assistant coaches Jimbo hired and retained!

2. Jimbo has serious character flaws. But, I agree, for the first 7 years he lived what he said and did. I also think he was nothing short of excellent as an OC for two years. I will give him the credit that he is due .... he won 75% of his games here, he dominated UF and Miami and that is amazing considering that, when he started, Urban was naming the score he wanted again us. He won the 13 NC and got to the playoffs in 14. He recruited like a machine and like Bobby in his heyday.

Having said all that, I can't want for a change, not because I'm spoiled, but because Jimbo's flaws manifested themselves and the players no longer respected or listened to him. His offense is too slow and complicated and he didn't want to upgrade his staff which is part of the job.

I see people post Jimbo's record WITHOUT Winston a lot as some sort of sign that he's not REALLY that good. 

To that I say, who recruited him?  Who made sure he got a RS year to hone his skills?  Who was his QB coach? 

The answer to all of the above is Jimbo.  

As of right now, the SEC HCs rank as such regarding win %. 

1) Jimbo

2) Saban

3-the rest) Who else really cares

Jimbo did it in the ACC instead of the ACC, but the SEC hasn't even had an east team worth a shite since 2008 UF.  The SEC has been mediocre the last couple years, and really top heavy the last few.  The ACC is pretty much on par with the SEC in the last few years. 

14 hours ago, dachsie said:

Sounds like we need to steal Woodward away from A&M

Two years ago

FYI, Hugh Freeze was a student at S Miss, he didn't play football. At S. Miss at the same time, Curley Hallman and Brett Farve. 

Arky hires Chad Morris from SMU. 

good hire for them. not necessarily sexy, because they still Arkansas, but a solid one i think. 

so for those of you keeping score at home:

Florida, A&M, State, and now Arky have all made better hires than we did. 

at least two of those should NEVER be listed as making better anything than LSU. 

thanks Joe. 

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

so for those of you keeping score at home:

Florida, A&M, State, and now Arky have all made better hires than we did. 

at least two of those should NEVER be listed as making better anything than LSU. 

thanks Joe. 

So far, Tenn has not made a better hire than us. 

34 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

So far, Tenn has not made a better hire than us. 

THat's because they havent hired anyone yet

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

THat's because they havent hired anyone yet

You caught that one didn't you. 

They are in talks with the bama D.C. Pruitt. He was the HC at Hoover high at one time. A friend of mine was from Alabama, in 2006, John Curtis was traveling to play the #1 team in the Nation, Hoover High. Hoover had a ton of players on that team. I told my friend that Curtis would win by double digits. The final, John Curtis 28, Hoover 14. 

At one time, I seem to remember Hoover might have had some trouble with changing of students grades. 

While typing this about grade changing, I looked it up to make sure. A write up with this heading came up...

"Hoover athletics probe outlines grade changing, more."