Sign in to follow this  
LSUDad

Leon Wright New LSU Defensive Analyst

The LSU Tigers will reportedly bring back Leon Wright to the program as a defensive analyst. Wright was actually a defensive analyst for the Tigers in 2016.

Football Scoop reported the move on Monday morning.

Last with Garden City Community College as a defensive analyst, it is expected that he will likely handle duties that involve coaching the safeties for LSU.

An All-ACC honoree in his senior season with the Duke Blue Devils as a player, Wright didn’t get selected in the 2010 NFL Draft, but did have a short stint with the New York Giants.

The hiring of Wright continues the trend that started after the program made Dave Aranda the highest-paid coordinator in the country. Since the Aranda deal happened, guys who have worked for him have flocked to the program.

Safeties coach Bill Busch worked for Anada. In fact, when the Busch hiring was announced, it was Aranda, not head coach Ed Orgeron, who released the statement. Wright also worked for Aranada during his coaching career.

Many project Orgeron to enter the season on the figurative hot-seat. He will clearly be hoping that all his new, fancy and well paid assistants and analysts end up being sound investments. Otherwise, he might be shown the door.

Did I miss this?  I don't recall Les using these analysts very much?  It could be an improvement, I know Saban used them extensively.

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

Did I miss this?  I don't recall Les using these analysts very much?  It could be an improvement, I know Saban used them extensively.

everybody uses them. 

O is just making his hires public (even though none are big names like Saban’s). 

in 2016, Les had 23 members on his shadow staff. 

other than Kragthorpe, i couldn’t name a damn one of them though. 

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

everybody uses them. 

O is just making his hires public (even though none are big names like Saban’s). 

in 2016, Les had 23 members on his shadow staff. 

other than Kragthorpe, i couldn’t name a damn one of them though. 

You must know Sam Nader, Derek Ponamsky, Coach Bags, Kevin Faulk, Sharon Lewis?

11 hours ago, LSUDad said:

You must know Sam Nader, Derek Ponamsky, Coach Bags, Kevin Faulk, Sharon Lewis?

Nader was here in ‘16. 

Faulk is a big name as a former player, not as a coach (yet).  

Dont get me started on Ponamsky.

the point was that we’ve had a massive shadow staff for a while now. just that previously we didn’t make public announcements out of them. 

my guess (and just a guess) is because they’re not really guys everyone knows at the mere mention of their names. 

O is keeping up with that trend as far as lack of name recognition. Only he’s making the hires very public. 

Saban’s staff is also huge. But you only hear about the big names guys.  If Bama was to release the entire list, there’s probably a lot of them that would have people asking “who is that?”