LSUDad

After ULaff Game, Got To Love Coach Wade

In addition to Marlin’s on the record comments, there was other chatter that bothered some players. Tremont Waters, who had 9 points and 7 assists in 24 foul-plagued minutes, got wind that Marlin had called him “an overrated midget” in the build-up to the game.

“He said I was an overrated midget,” Waters said. He added that he wasn’t sure if that was an on the record comment or not. “That’s what I heard. But I have nothing to say back to them. I’m cool. I’m human. I know words can’t really hurt me. For him to call me that…have fun driving back to wherever you came from.”

If it bothered him, Waters didn’t let it show. His seven assists lead the game, despite a nagging headache. He battled that rattling around his head – the headache was not at all helped by a broken nose and a protective mask – to help lead the Tigers to the win.

“It didn’t do anything to me,” Waters said. “I’ve been short all my life. It’s not something I can change. The fact that he pointed it out and said it whatever he said it. For it to come out and get back to me, it was a sign that I must be doing something right.

“If a head coach at a university is brave enough to say that about a player, I must be doing something right. My teammates had my back, and Coach Wade had my back also.”

2 hours ago, Greg said:

He took a timeout with a few seconds left. Just so he could savor the breakaway slam dunk that LSU just had and to express his "happiness" towards the USL bench. The USL coach had to be held back. Coach Wade later said he would have taken another timeout had he had one left. To do it again.

i see usl is classless in basketball, too.

in baseball, their fans absolutely annoy the snot out of me. and i say that having been to games where they were playing teams other than lsu (regionals several years back). 

Anyone know a link to the entire game video? Or highlights

25 minutes ago, DJ said:

WatchESPN

3 hours ago, DJ said: