Sign in to follow this  
LSUDad

Terry Bradshaw And The Houston TD Club

Got an early report, the Houston TD Club will have Bradshaw as it's featured speaker. The date is August 15th. at 7pm. This will be at the J W Marriott Galleria location. I have a few friends here in Houston that wants in. Also my good friend, Publisher/Editor of Louisiana Football Magazine, Lee Brecheen, wants in. He said that he had Bradshaw on one of his first magazine covers. Lee has a three way call between Him, Terry and Terry's agent, to get things approved. Lee said, Terry is one of the few, that he would drive to Houston, to hear speak. Haven't got a price on tickets, but will let you know when I do. If anyone wants in at our table, let me know.

A little trivia:

In the NFL, Terry threw for 212 TD's and 210 Ints.

Bradshaw decided to attend La Tech in Ruston. He has much affinity for his alma mater. Initially, he was second on the depth chart at quarterback behind Phil "Roxie" Robertson, who would later become famous as the inventor of the Duck Commander duck call and television personality on the A&E program Duck Dynasty.

When he arrived at Tech in 1966, Bradshaw caused a media frenzy on account of his reputation of being a football sensation from nearby Shreveport,  Robertson was a year ahead of Bradshaw, and was the starter for two seasons in 1966 and 1967, and chose not to play in 1968. As Robertson put it: "I'm going for the ducks, you Terry can go for the bucks."

Although the Steelers have not officially retired Bradshaw's number 12, they have not reissued it since his retirement and it is understood that no Steeler will ever wear it again.

In April 2006, Bradshaw donated his four Super Bowl rings, College Football Hall of Fame ring, Pro Football Hall of Fame ring, Hall of Fame bust, four miniature replica Super Bowl trophies, and a helmet and jersey from one of his Super Bowl victories to his alma mater, Louisiana Tech.

If anyone wants in on this, let me know. Checking on my table and prices.

Wed., Aug. 15 7 p.m. Touchdowner of the Year Dinner, honoring Pittsburgh's Terry Bradshaw JW Marriott-Galleria

It's $50 a seat, includes meal. I've never gotten a bad meal at one of these. 

Everytime I see or hear his name I think of him nekkid in his nekkid room in the movie Failure To Launch...... and LOL

5 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

Everytime I see or hear his name I think of him nekkid in his nekkid room in the movie Failure To Launch...... and LOL

Just for you...............TERRY BRADSHAW....

LOL

Dang just got home from Houston this afternoon (after a planned 1 week of outpatient txt turned into a week of inpatient due to beginnings of pneumonia and then a few days outpatient to be sure all was good)… headed back that way 8/26 for the week of outpatient txt he was SUPPOSED to get 2 weeks ago =S

Very enjoyable night, Bradshaw was good with his talk, the guy could have been a comedian. Got a chance to talk a little with Mean Joe Green. Nice turnout, great food and the best entertainment. 

5 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Did you give him a Coke and ask for his jersey?

Just a Coke and a smile. Did get a little time to talk with him and Bradshaw. 

Jackie Sherrel and Mean Joe were at the table next to mine. 

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

Jackie Sherrel and Mean Joe were at the table next to mine. 

ARCHIVES | 1992

Coach JACKIE SHERRILL apologized yesterday for allowing the castration of a bull in front of his Mississippi State football team, and the school's president promised that such an incident would not occur again.

"Even though I was not involved in the procedure that took place, I take responsibility," Sherrill told his weekly news conference. "If this incident was in any way not perceived as proper by those who love Mississippi State, then I apologize."

The bull was castrated in front of the team on a practice field before Mississippi State defeated the Texas Longhorns, 28-10, on Sept. 5. Later, Sherrill said he allowed the procedure because it was educational and motivational.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/16/sports/sports-people-college-football-sherrill-apologizes-for-incident.html

All kidding aside, I've been to a number of these programs put out by the Touchdown Club of Houston. Neal Farmer, the executive director of the Touchdown Club of Houston. I've known Neal for a number of years, they do a great job, very calculated programs. They also handle the LSU Tiger Tour for the Houston area. Back on Terry Bradshaw. After the program, I had a moment to speak with a Houston Preacher who has sung at every program I've attend. While talking with him, we were talking about how well Terry and Greene worked with the program and the high school players that were there to receive awards. They really had the audience engaged. The preacher informed me, Terry requested no payment or monies for his part in this program, he handled all of his expenses, "Out of Pocket." In days of players wanting monies for everything done, signed, etc. This is all on how well Terry in viewed as a person. The AD for La. Tech. could only talk of how much Terry has done over the years for their school. Bradshaw donated his four Super Bowl rings, College Football Hall of Fame ring, Pro Football Hall of Fame ring, Hall of Fame bust, four miniature replica Super Bowl trophies, and a helmet and jersey from one of his Super Bowl victories to his alma mater, Louisiana Tech.