Sign in to follow this  
OkieTigerTK

NCAA Tournament Talk

selection show on now espnu.

as expected, florida number one seed. followed by stanford, oregon state, ole miss, arkansas, north carolina, florida state, georgia.

four of the eight top 8 national seeds are sec. 

followed by texas tech, clemson, stetson, east carolina, texas, minnessota, coastal carolina, nc state. while the top 8 are supers sites if home teams win, this is the first year that all 16 have been ranked.

Edited by OkieTigerTK

corvallis regional

1. oregon state

4,  northwestern state

3. san diego state

2. lsu

last team announced.

1 minute ago, OkieTigerTK said:

corvallis regional

1. oregon state

4,  northwestern state

3. san diego state

2. lsu

last team announced.

Long haul for Tiger fans. 

So - we didn't have a seed and we get shafted on travel, right? How in the world did we end up in a NW regional? I truly don't understand.

Weird travel set up, but amazing we played up to a two seed

7 hours ago, watson18 said:

Who do we throw first?   Hilliard, then Hess?

That seams be the logical thing to do.

9 hours ago, PaducahMichael said:

So - we didn't have a seed and we get shafted on travel, right? How in the world did we end up in a NW regional? I truly don't understand.

there was no way we were gonna be a host. the sec tourney was just to play our way into the tourney, imo. 

four of the 8 national seeds are sec teams and so many sec teams in there were not a lot of places left for us to play. ten teams from the sec is a lot.  i don't think it was so much shafted, but just the draw of being so far down in selection. i was hoping for someplace closer like texas or coastal carolina. but where i am usually throwing a hissy fit over something with the selection committee, i just figured something like this would happen. i mean, when you play your way in and to a number 2 seed in basically 6 days, you don't get the benefit of the whole season's body of work. at least that is how i see it.

2 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

That seams be the logical thing to do.

Or do you think Maneiri will get cute and throw Gilbert or Labas?

I'm fairly certain the committee will not send a school to a regional hosted by another team in it's own conference.

1 minute ago, watson18 said:

Or do you think Maneiri will get cute and throw Gilbert or Labas?

I doubt he does that but ya never know.

12 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

I'm fairly certain the committee will not send a school to a regional hosted by another team in it's own conference.

i don't think they can. i thought it was a rule now. maybe unwritten, but it just won't happen.

and with so many other sec schools in ahead of us, they got the better draws. 

But if Hilliard pitched last Wednesday(?) wouldn't he be fully rested by this Friday? Is sumtingwong w/ his arm? Sure hope not, we have enough of that going around.

6 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

But if Hilliard pitched last Wednesday(?) wouldn't he be fully rested by this Friday? Is sumtingwong w/ his arm? Sure hope not, we have enough of that going around.

yes. he had stiffness in his arm after his last outing. what i seemed to gather was much more than normal tired. it's a bit of a concern to me. of course, i am touchy about hands, arms, elbows, and shoulders, for good reason. but if inflamed, he could do serious damage if not fully rested. i hope he is living with a cold circulation pack wrapped around his arm. (those things are a god-send. i need to find mine.)

https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/status/1001851297644019713

Kendall RogersVerified account @KendallRogers

Did some digging on this. One reason many West Coast schools are grouped together. * California public schools could not go to regionals in Texas, North Carolina and Mississippi. * Washington public schools could not go to North Carolina or Mississippi. Those were two factors.

Under know thy enemy, SDSU's David Hensley.

https://thegamehaus.com/david-hensley-does-it-all/2018/05/19/

The Aztecs are 36-17 and second in the Mountain West Conference. For the season, Hensley is currently hitting .308 with three home runs and 28 RBIs. He also had a 29-game on-base streak early in the season as well, an accomplishment Hensley said reflects all the work he has put in at San Diego State.

UPDATE: Hilliard

Freshman starter Ma'Khail Hilliard said he felt an "abnormal pinch sensation" after throwing 4.2 stressful innings against Florida on May 23. He didn't pick up a ball until Tuesday, when he just did some light tossing with mixed results.

Hilliard said he hopes he can be ready to go by Sunday, and Mainieri said he simply won't know until Hilliard throws again Thursday or Friday.

"Right now I feel much better than I have a week or two ago," Hilliard said.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/05/nick_bush_to_start_for_lsu_in.html

Have to say I don't have a good feeling about this.