Sign in to follow this  
LSUDad

Thai Cave Rescue on TV

FYI:

Discovery Channel fast-tracks Thai cave rescue documentary

NICK ROMANO@NICKAROMANO

POSTED ON JULY 10, 2018 AT 5:00PM EDT

Discovery Channel will debut the first documentary feature (of what looks to be the start of many more to come from Hollywood) chronicling the rescue of Thailand’s Wild Boars soccer team from a flooded cave.

Operation Thai Cave Rescue will be an hourlong television special airing Friday, July 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Discovery Channel. This will be followed by an airing on Saturday, July 14 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Science Channel.

The documentary “unpacks the human and scientific drama behind one of the most difficult and heart-palpitating rescues attempted in human history,” an official description from Discovery reads. “With exclusive early access to men and women — including family members — who have been living and breathing the events, Operation Thai Cave Rescue focuses on the triumph of the human spirit and the extraordinary scientific and technological innovations used to complete this miracle rescue.”

Twelve boys from the Wild Boars soccer team and their coach found themselves trapped in a cave in Thailand on June 23 when flood water cut them off deep inside the cave. After 18 days, all members were finally rescued thanks to an international cooperative effort, including 19 divers and assistance from the Thai Navy SEALs. The rescue mission resulted in the death of a former Navy SEAL, according to BBC News.

I've seen some of the video. The route they took to rescue the team and coach is unbelievable. I'm not even sure how they figured it out.  Cured me of any want I have to explore in caves. That's what Youtube is for!

10 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

I've seen some of the video. The route they took to rescue the team and coach is unbelievable. I'm not even sure how they figured it out.  Cured me of any want I have to explore in caves. That's what Youtube is for!

Those diver and rescue workers are incredible. I agree with you never want to go into a cave that doesn’t have a clear way in or out