Sign in to follow this  
watson18

LSU Baseball Chris Reid

I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS.

https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/08/chris_reid_transfer_lsu.html

LSU infielder Chris Reid will not be returning to the 2019 LSU baseball roster, coach Paul Mainieri confirmed Tuesday (Aug. 7).

LSU had 37 players on the roster before Reid's departure, so 36 means the Tigers still need to drop one more player to meet the roster limit of 35 players.

TigerRag.com's James Moran was the first to report Reid's departure. 

Mainieri said it was a coach's decision to take Reid off the roster. Reid will be a senior this fall, so he could graduate and be immediately eligible to play at another school if he so chooses. 

This is some Saban bullshit, Reid deserves better.

Only so many spots on the roster. The coach's job is to field the best team he can. What's he supposed to do?

The issue here is the ridiculous 35 man roster with only 11.7 scholarships. 

Reid was good at getting on base, average fielder, below average power, abysmal speed. 

All that said, seems odd to do it now, but maybe there's a reason that benefits Reid. Like, gives him time to find a landing spot. 

i mentioned elsewhere when this first came out that i hate the 11.7 scholly rule with a burning passion.

that said, i would go back and look at roster again. not sure that is who i would cut. i have some thoughts and want to look at stats, but i don't think it would have been reid.

1 hour ago, OkieTigerTK said:

i mentioned elsewhere when this first came out that i hate the 11.7 scholly rule with a burning passion.

that said, i would go back and look at roster again. not sure that is who i would cut. i have some thoughts and want to look at stats, but i don't think it would have been reid.

Considering the position he plays and that he only has 1 year of eligibility left, he's a reasonable choice imo

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, Fishhead said:

The issue here is the ridiculous 35 man roster with only 11.7 scholarships. 

Reid was good at getting on base, average fielder, below average power, abysmal speed. 

All that said, seems odd to do it now, but maybe there's a reason that benefits Reid. Like, gives him time to find a landing spot. 

I saw somewhere on twitter or maybe it was facebook that he's actually graduating this fall, so I'm sure that weighed into the decision.  As far a fielding at 3B... he was a heck of a lot better than all the errors another 3Bman had this past season.

3 hours ago, Eq4bits said:

I saw somewhere on twitter or maybe it was facebook that he's actually graduating this fall, so I'm sure that weighed into the decision.  As far a fielding at 3B... he was a heck of a lot better than all the errors another 3Bman had this past season.

And that 3rd baseman is gone. The thing to look at is who's coming in. They had to make room. 

Moffit is one I'd have been ok with letting go, but then he's got 3 years left vs. 1 for Reid, and the coaches may think he's worth more considering that. Or they may be keeping him because of his last name. I dunno. But Reid is an average fielder. He played 3rd because he lacks speed/range. He walked a ton and hit singles. That was his main contribution from a playing standpoint.

Edited by Fishhead