Greg

Oregon Ducks

They are selling beer at this game, right? The Cotton Bowl has an alcohol policy so I assume they sold it then.

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

I have seen lots of people talk about the "pace" of Oregon's offense. And it seems that most duck fans believe that it will be too much for the LSU defense and they will wind up gassed. I have seen this on multiple msg boards, and it is almost a universal belief among the ducks.

Well...

The offense is able to do this because they are running two squads vs one defense. As soon as one play finishes, the next squad lines up. Besides acclimating the D to that pace, the offense is fresher, and has a full huddle to call a play.

I think Oregon fans may be in for a bit of a shock at how well conditioned and prepared LSU is for this game.

Times-Picayune

Given time to prepare.... Les Miles can formulate a game plan to decimate a team. Just sayin.

My hope is that we cream them so badly they won't see the top 10 for the rest of the season. :smiley-eatdrink042:

So, I'm guessing the ducks think they get an easy win now? I guess they thought our season hinged on QB play, didn't they? Silly ducks.

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

I would also like to know the answer to this question. :th_emoticon-0167-beer:

So, I'm guessing the ducks think they get an easy win now? I guess they thought our season hinged on QB play, didn't they? Silly ducks.

Our season does hinge upon QB play. Just not any particular QB.

Jerrard Randall is also putting in some work acting as Darron Thomas, and Magee or Gore, can't remember which, is acting as LMJames.

I too am VERY excited about this game...more than any opener I can remember.

LSU has been working three offensive sets against the defense. One right behind the other, the ducks are gonna look to be in slow-mo for the game.

Remember when LSU was gonna play Ga. Tech. and their offense. The offense simulated Tech. without a football. They made sure to tackle all options. An how many pts. did Tech have in that game? "3"

LSU has been working three offensive sets against the defense. One right behind the other, the ducks are gonna look to be in slow-mo for the game.

Remember when LSU was gonna play Ga. Tech. and their offense. The offense simulated Tech. without a football. They made sure to tackle all options. An how many pts. did Tech have in that game? "3"

This!

Bring their "Quack Attack" on!

No, not really. Obviously there are a few idiots out there that believe that, but most Duck fans realize just how deep LSU is across the board.

No, not really. Obviously there are a few idiots out there that believe that, but most Duck fans realize just how deep LSU is across the board.

After all, you guys were in a very similar situation going into last season and look how well that turned out!

Last year the Ducks returned 17 starters, 9 on offense and 8 on defense. I did like the Maehl (Looks like you liked him also) kid, he was a big loss.

LSU has depth, something we've been lacking for a few years. It should payoff this year just fine.

After all, you guys were in a very similar situation going into last season and look how well that turned out!

Yeah, college football sometimes is just a game of opportunity. Plus, Lee has plenty of experience so we know the stage won't be too big for him.

Last year the Ducks returned 17 starters, 9 on offense and 8 on defense. I did like the Maehl (Looks like you liked him also) kid, he was a big loss.

LSU has depth, something we've been lacking for a few years. It should payoff this year just fine.

Yeah, LSU definitely has depth. Your two-deep on the defensive line and in the secondary is great, and you had the depth to weather some suspensions just fine.

As for our losses, I believe we can overcome the losses over time, but we don't have much time on our side. The offensive line potentially could be more talented, but until the game is in progress it is difficult to know whether the unit has gelled or not. Our wide receiving corps needs some players to step up as well. As you alluded to, Jeff Maehl was a tremendous player for us, and he won't be replaced by week one. Hopefully Josh Huff is 100 percent going in, he's a potential game changer for us. Rahsaan Vaughn is an interesting player to watch as well, but this will be his first major college football game coming from JUCO.

One defense we are still playing catch-up due to the loss of sheer experience. Of course, the trade off is more size and athleticism, but blown assignments will kill us against you guys. It also sounds like Kiko will not be playing, which is potentially a big blow. We have experience at MLB behind him, but Kiko is the type of player that could have changed the entire game. Inside we lost Bair and Clark who were criminally underrated nationally, so we'll see how that plays out. Heimuli is very talented, and players like Taylor Hart and Kellikipi have looked solid in Fall camp, but those guys penetrated the passing lanes at will, and were solid in rush defense. Again, we can replace these guys since talent is coming in, but I won't look at it like its a foregone conclusion.

Of course, there is also Cliff Harris being out for the game, but I'm actually not too worried about that. Terrence Mitchell may only be a RS Frosh, but he has been consistent throughout Spring Practice and Fall Camp. Spencer Paysinger even said that he thought Mitchell was the next defensive star for us during last season, so this guy is pretty good.

As you can see, we have our own holes to fill before the LSU game. That's why I'm not thinking about you guys so much.

Good luck and Go Ducks!